Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on Purchasing used X Model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a used X model or S. I am looking at the P90D, 90D and P100D, 100D in SoCal. I've noticed the prices are based on the amount of miles on the vehicle. For example, I've seen a P90d with 97k miles listed for $31k, while one with 17k miles listed for $41k. I've also noticed that some come do not have premium connectivity or transferable free supercharging.

What is your advice, should I pay more for a lower mileage X or S and is premium connectivity important? This will be my first Tesla, I've driven other EV brands.

premium connectivity important?
You can subscribe to premium connectivity for $99/year. I vote that it is not important for it to have free premium connectivity. But I expect most cars of the vintage you are looking at to have it. It is on cars originally ordered by June 30, 2018 and transfers to new owners. Unless Tesla re-owned the car through a trade-in. I believe they started stripping it on used cars in January 2020.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a used X model or S. I am looking at the P90D, 90D and P100D, 100D in SoCal. I've noticed the prices are based on the amount of miles on the vehicle. For example, I've seen a P90d with 97k miles listed for $31k, while one with 17k miles listed for $41k. I've also noticed that some come do not have premium connectivity or transferable free supercharging.

What is your advice, should I pay more for a lower mileage X or S and is premium connectivity important? This will be my first Tesla, I've driven other EV brands.
I would say go with the Model S P100D. I have a 2018 and the car is amazing. I put on 20k miles on in 10 months. Currently at 65-66k. It has been flawless for the most part.

Upvote 0