Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about import from Belgium to France

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there! I have several questions in mind, administrative and financial about the advantage (or not) of importing a model S from Belgium to France. I saw on the Tesla's Belgium website that used models were cheaper than in France, I saw models at 60k €, let's say that I'm picking up my model at this price base, here are my questions:

-How much will I have to pay extra (import taxes, vat?)
-what about Financing, Leasing possible?
-What are the administrative procedures to import (difference of being an electric car?)
-The Tesla guarantee and all the services (superchargers, 4g) are they still compatible AND available in France if I buy the vehicle in Belgium?
-Must referral codes be from Belgium or I can use one from a french friend?
-If I wish to use my car later on for business purposes (possibility of using it for uber and its competitor driving apps) will I be limited because of the import? Because when you register the car for the first time, you must indicate if you are an individual or a company

Hoping to receive relevant information, I have not found anything on the web , I post first here before calling Tesla as a last option

Last edited:
how much difference we are talking about? 10, 20 30%? if just like 5% I wouldn't even bother. Your questions are specific, you should ask them at a tax advice office. Answers here are like Wikipedia, most likely accurate but no guartantee.

that's what I'm trying to figure out. Same thing, for less than 20% difference I'd bother either
I've got the confirmation that superchargers in europe will be usuable through europe, of course the previous owner should have that feature though

Imho :
No import taxes.
If it is a second-hand car (>6m after first inscription and >5000km) : vat payable in country of purchase, else payable in country of new inscription.
Electric car is a car, so import-paperwork is the same.
Guarantee is europe-wide.

Imho :
No import taxes.
If it is a second-hand car (>6m after first inscription and >5000km) : vat payable in country of purchase, else payable in country of new inscription.
Electric car is a car, so import-paperwork is the same.
Guarantee is europe-wide.

if that's 100% sure that would be interesting indeed, you wrote from you're humble opinion, did you have any previous experience importing car in france, or exporting car from belgium?

(btw I made a typo in my previous answer, for less than 20% difference I'd NOT bother)