Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving from Greece to UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning a trip from Greece to UK and back with my Model Y (Left-Hand-Drive).

In total I plan to cross the following countries:
Italy, France, UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Albania

I will have the appropriate insurance and I have the Tesla roadside safety kit that comes with the Model Y

Questions I have:
France: I have read they need an alcohol test to have in the car, emergency vests for all passengers and a kit exists in Amazon to buy all the necessary.
UK: Post-Brexit are there any requirements to enter UK with your own car? For example I have read that if you have a UK car you need a UK sticker on it even if your license plates have it.
Switzerland: I know I must buy the road-tax sticker - but I will do that at the borders (I assume they still sell it there)

Any pointers on what I should be aware of for the above-mentioned countries?

Thanks!
Where do I buy this from?

No clue. I got pulled over by police officers armed with submachine guns on the highway as I entered from Italy for not having one. They made me pay a fine of double the cost of the sticker and said I had 24 hours to drive on the highway before getting another fine.

I think there’s a rest stop on the highway when you enter the country that sells the sticker, but I’m not sure.

No clue. I got pulled over by police officers armed with submachine guns on the highway as I entered from Italy for not having one. They made me pay a fine of double the cost of the sticker and said I had 24 hours to drive on the highway before getting another fine.

I think there’s a rest stop on the highway when you enter the country that sells the sticker, but I’m not sure.
LOL - quite a story :)

@oritomov posted the link for online purchase (THANKS!):

Thanks for the tip!