Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about scheduled departure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MYLR

Am I only able to set the scheduled departure time in the app in 15 minute increments? I tried to set it for 5:25am, but the minute hand snaps to 5:30 when I let go. If I try to set it for 5:20, the minute hand snaps to 5:15. Looks like it has to be on the :00 :15 :30 or :45.

So I have it set for 5:30, and every morning at 5:13 I get a message on the app telling me my cabin has been warmed up to my selected temperature. Is it supposed to do it that early? Seems like a waste of energy to already have it heated and ready to go 17 minutes before it needs to be.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Yes; this is normal. The Tesla Model Y enables setting the Scheduled Departure time in 15 minute increments. Charging and Preconditioning will complete just prior to the scheduled time. There are many variables including battery temperature, outside air temperature that can determine how long it will take to complete charging (when using Scheduled Departure Charging) and Scheduled Departure Preconditioning.