Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about Tesla Insurance in California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem I'm running into is when I let the agents know it's a Tesla, most don't even want to give me a quote since it'll be more.

I've had agents say anywhere from 50% to 100% more thus the agents don't even want to give me a quote since the agents know most people will walk away anyways.

I'll look into Wawanesa (I've never even heard of them before).

The problem I'm running into is when I let the agents know it's a Tesla, most don't even want to give me a quote since it'll be more.

I've had agents say anywhere from 50% to 100% more thus the agents don't even want to give me a quote since the agents know most people will walk away anyways.

I'll look into Wawanesa (I've never even heard of them before).
I don't deal with agents. Never had a case where going with an agent saved me money.

Heard about Wawanesa ~13 years ago when buying a car; sales agent mentioned them. Every time Wawanesa raised their rates and I shopped around for a lower premium, they were always the most cost effective.

Not sure how to edit but did you bundle your insurance? I'm looking for a 1-2 driver, model y, car only insurance (no home or anything else bundled)
No, but with recent premium increases, I'm considering it.

Tesla's quote came in about the same as Wawanesa, but that was with me as the only driver of my '20, and my wife and I on her '23. On the Wawanesa policy, we also have a 17y/o new driver. Wawanesa would be WAY cheaper without a new driver.

I don't deal with agents. Never had a case where going with an agent saved me money.

Heard about Wawanesa ~13 years ago when buying a car; sales agent mentioned them. Every time Wawanesa raised their rates and I shopped around for a lower premium, they were always the most cost effective.

No, but with recent premium increases, I'm considering it.

Tesla's quote came in about the same as Wawanesa, but that was with me as the only driver of my '20, and my wife and I on her '23. On the Wawanesa policy, we also have a 17y/o new driver. Wawanesa would be WAY cheaper without a new driver.
Thank you!

I'll be giving them a call on Monday.

When I said agent I meant the agent of the insurance company (for example Farmers)

Reactions: Black306