Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions from a newb

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I'm close to ordering a Model Y Performance.
  1. It lists 303 miles. How many should I really expect, living out here near Philadelphia PA?
  2. Is there a detailed checklist of known issues and things that I should look for when taking delivery of the vehicle? And will I have that opportunity to check the vehicle over well before officially accepting it?
  3. I'm not seeing any expected delivery date for some reason. When I've looked in the past it was shown. Is that gone now... it's a complete mystery?
  4. I see people talking about some credits/incentives coming in January. Is this total speculation, or do we have some solid evidence showing that we will actually be getting that in January? Any details?
  5. I plan to put a charger outside on the side of my house. Any tips/warnings related to this? It's going to get rained and snowed on quite often, as well as be in direct, hot sunlight during parts of the day in the Summer.
  6. Any links to other great tips for a brand new owner?

Yes, he used the term RV so I was trying to be clear. The usage does not matter, a GFIC is required. It looks like at one-time “non-dwellings” had different rules but the code has been updated. Now all such outlets require a GFIC.
RV pedestals are considered feeder circuits, not branch circuits. All the downstream GFCI on an RV circuit would potentially constantly trip a GFCI on the pedestal.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Upvote 0
RV pedestals are considered feeder circuits, not branch circuits. All the downstream GFCI on an RV circuit would potentially constantly trip a GFCI on the pedestal.

Neat! But I assume this does not apply to a 14-50 outlet on a house, which is the issue here? BTW, we are way off the OP’s original questions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Neat! But I assume this does not apply to a 14-50 outlet on a house, which is the issue here? BTW, we are way off the OP’s original questions.
Well I passed inspection on mine, but I had my RV parked in the driveway just in case, and I didn't take delivery of my Tesla yet at the time. The electrician even labeled the breaker in the box, "RV Plug"

• Informative
Reactions: ATPMSD
Upvote 0