Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recover Deleted Files from TESLACAM usb stick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked my Y next to a grey/silver, dark window tinged Suburban at a park to walk my dog.

Evidently, my iPhone fell out of my pocket into the car or I left it in the vehicle which kept it unlocked.

After returning, I discovered my iPhone missing and my car was locked

The Suburban was also gone.

So I thought maybe I dropped my phone and retraced the walk with my dog and upon returning the Suburban was back.

I could barely see two people in the front as their windshield and all other windows were tinted.

I got into my car with my card key and started looking thru the 1 minute video segments my Tesla records.

In the right side camera recording, I noticed the parking position of their Suburban slightly jumped from one video to the next and thought that was odd.

I should have seen video of their vehicle gone during the short period.

I further reviewed the list of video files and found all video files had been deleted between 11:01 and 11:18am.

I know the Suburban folks had stolen my iPhone and were sophisticated enough to cycle thru my video library and delete the evidence.

So i removed the USB stick so that no more recordings could occur on the usb stick and tried several recover deleted files programs.
But couldnt find the videos that were deleted.

any thoughts on getting footage from the cabin camera?

Sabri

DeletedTeslaVideoFiles_1101-1118.png

Wh

I suggest following @stopcrazypp 's guide in this thread:

not sure what you would do if you find something, though, other than to say "I see they did this".

Upvote 0
I parked my Y next to a grey/silver, dark window tinged Suburban at a park to walk my dog.

Evidently, my iPhone fell out of my pocket into the car or I left it in the vehicle which kept it unlocked.

After returning, I discovered my iPhone missing and my car was locked

The Suburban was also gone.

So I thought maybe I dropped my phone and retraced the walk with my dog and upon returning the Suburban was back.

I could barely see two people in the front as their windshield and all other windows were tinted.

I got into my car with my card key and started looking thru the 1 minute video segments my Tesla records.

In the right side camera recording, I noticed the parking position of their Suburban slightly jumped from one video to the next and thought that was odd.

I should have seen video of their vehicle gone during the short period.

I further reviewed the list of video files and found all video files had been deleted between 11:01 and 11:18am.

I know the Suburban folks had stolen my iPhone and were sophisticated enough to cycle thru my video library and delete the evidence.

So i removed the USB stick so that no more recordings could occur on the usb stick and tried several recover deleted files programs.
But couldnt find the videos that were deleted.

any thoughts on getting footage from the cabin camera?

Sabri

View attachment 997389
Wh
That just doesn’t make sense, no one is going to delete files one at a time.

They would take your thumb drive, if not format it.

Upvote 0