Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions: Preparing for my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if a thread to cover this already exists, and if one does please link me.

To get started, like many people getting their Model 3 soon I'll be a first time Tesla owner and also the first time I'm purchasing a more luxury/premium car. With that in mind I want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible to keep the car running and looking its best. The car will be in a garage pretty much all the time that I'm not driving it as I have garage at home and also park in one at work.

The first, is the obvious charging setup. I've got a licensed electrician setup for the NEMA line.

Now what I'm looking for are the following:

1) Some sort of glass strengthener/coating for the windshield and roof.
2) Some sort of sealant/coating for the paint.
3) Interior protectant... ArmorAll or something like it that is good for the vegan leather.

If there are other things I should consider, please feel free to add suggestions.

Thanks

Congrats on new car !! ...most folks are opting for a full paint protection film front ...with ceramic coating on rest of car ...there are ceramic coatings for glass as well as interior ..for the vegan leather I find it a lot easier to take care of than leather I had I. Previous Tesla ..most likely you will want to wrap the center console as that is prone to scratches

Congrats on new car !! ...most folks are opting for a full paint protection film front ...with ceramic coating on rest of car ...there are ceramic coatings for glass as well as interior ..for the vegan leather I find it a lot easier to take care of than leather I had I. Previous Tesla ..most likely you will want to wrap the center console as that is prone to scratches

Thanks. Any specifics on the coatings and protections?

Common PPF is xpel, Suntek , STEK..I also forgot to mention tint ;)...coatings are ceramic pro , opticoat , cquartz , Modesta

...to do a PPF front and ceramic rest of car figure around ~<$2500 ...I highly recommend at minimum doing the PPF ..the ceramic is more for ease of cleasiness ...but the PPF will protect from rock chips road salt etc

• Informative
Reactions: SpudLime
I put 22ple on my S when I first got it and every 6 months since and it still shines like new more than 4 years later.

I also put it on my 3 last month when I got it. It sure makes the pearl white shine like no wrap can since plastic dulls paint.

As to the real leather in my S, and fake leather in my 3, I like the way this gel applies, cleans, smells and looks:

https://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-10961-Leather-ounces/

• Informative
Reactions: chunk