Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QuickChek

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went up to the Albany NY area last weekend (it was like -7F) so I stopped off at a supercharger in Kingston NY. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was at a QuickChek location. QuickChek is a New Jersey institution and one of my favorite road stops. No offense to Wawa people, we just don't have that many up here in Taylor Ham country. :)

In the beginning of supercharging, Tesla would place them near restaurants and shopping centers, so you could sit down and have a meal or shop while your car charges. It was a great idea, and still is, but now with the issues of overcrowding they're a victim of their own success. It makes much more sense to have superchargers at convenience marts where you plug in, go inside to buy some snacks or a sandwich, perhaps use the bathroom, and come out in ~15mins as to not drag it out for too long. I believe Tesla has agreements with both Wawa and QuickChek to expand this. If you see a "Coming Soon" supercharger on Tesla's map in a town that has one of these stores, there's a good chance that's where it's going to end up.

Although, the next supercharger opening is at the Rockaway Mall, so it's not a foregone conclusion in any way...

In the beginning of supercharging, Tesla would place them near restaurants and shopping centers, so you could sit down and have a meal or shop while your car charges. It was a great idea, and still is, but now with the issues of overcrowding they're a victim of their own success. It makes much more sense to have superchargers at convenience marts where you plug in, go inside to buy some snacks or a sandwich, perhaps use the bathroom, and come out in ~15mins as to not drag it out for too long. I believe Tesla has agreements with both Wawa and QuickChek to expand this. If you see a "Coming Soon" supercharger on Tesla's map in a town that has one of these stores, there's a good chance that's where it's going to end up.

Although, the next supercharger opening is at the Rockaway Mall, so it's not a foregone conclusion in any way...

Tesla also have an agreements with Sheetz and FlyingJ. One big advantage of such locations is that convenience stores, and more importantly their bathrooms, are usually open 24/7.