Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quote Accuracy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I’m wondering how accurate the online quotes are for Tesla solar. The prices are much lower than any other non Tesla quotes, but I’ve heard a lot of extras get tacked on and am wondering how true that is. Thanks!!

Probably because you’re in a condo, and it will require working with the HOA’s PV requirements (approvals, liability, designs, etc.), especially if you don’t have existing solar-ready conduit. Tesla is not great at working with systems that need significant customization and back and forth. Probably best to go with a local company that can provide the level of detail/communication that is needed for a condo
Right, with a condo you only own what is inside your private unit, so the roof is owned by the condo association.

Upvote 0
One last update and then I will stop my accidental hijack of this thread.

Yes, I am in a condo, but I do have HOA approval to use the roof. I would / will be the second owner in the complex to add panels.

After some seemingly good back and forth over the design, Tesla cancelled. That is fine I guess. It would have been nice to know exactly why.

I have been in contact with a local provider and hopefully can get something happening soon. My roof faces West with a slight turn to the South. The location of my building is such that there is absolutely nothing blocking any sun. It seems to be pretty ideal for panels.

Reactions: karkrazy
Upvote 0