Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar Detector need for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used this.
It alsocomes with the metal adhesive mount but its only necessary if the surface isnt perfectly flat (the amazon description says the same). The back of the screen is very flat. ill upload a pic later. Ive used various mounts before and trust me atleast this model in particular was extremely sticky. No residue when removing it but it took a lot of force to do so.

I used this.
It alsocomes with the metal adhesive mount but its only necessary if the surface isnt perfectly flat (the amazon description says the same). The back of the screen is very flat. ill upload a pic later. Ive used various mounts before and trust me atleast this model in particular was extremely sticky. No residue when removing it but it took a lot of force to do so.
That link was for a cell phone holder

I ordered the Uniden R3 from Amazon but I returned it after mounting on the top of the windshield. It blocked my view. However, maybe I was a bid hasty. The large black suction cup does a great job, it was hard to remove.
Has anyone tried mounting on the back of the mirror assembly, I don’t mean the back of the mirror but the part the mirror goes into that attaches to the window. It seems large enough to hold the black suction cup

I ordered the Uniden R3 from Amazon but I returned it after mounting on the top of the windshield. It blocked my view. However, maybe I was a bid hasty. The large black suction cup does a great job, it was hard to remove.
Has anyone tried mounting on the back of the mirror assembly, I don’t mean the back of the mirror but the part the mirror goes into that attaches to the window. It seems large enough to hold the black suction cup
I use these. Way smaller than any suction cup. Can be mounted higher so not like the blendmount that looks cool but blocks your vision. These just work for me and have for about ten years.