Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar in New MY Austin builds? Manual Suggests Its Possible.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not saying there is Radar there, I went drop of my car and was talking to service manager and he was like it’s there. So I don’t have to prove anything. I am just stating the conversation I had with service manager.
These sales people are full of hot air.

He was probably just referring to the vision system.

You know....Yes yes, it has "radar" to keep the distance. (Read : It is "using the camera as a sort of radar").

Camera "Gives the same functionality as the radar" = The camera is a radar

Reactions: E90alex
I am not saying there is Radar there, I went drop of my car and was talking to service manager and he was like it’s there. So I don’t have to prove anything. I am just stating the conversation I had with service manager.
My comment wasn't directed towards you, although in retrospect I could have worded it better...! This would have been discovered by now by one of the several YouTube guys that are out there. Regardless of what Elon said at the time, the radar was removed as a cost savings, so it is certainly not there on cars shipped after that point.

My comment wasn't directed towards you, although in retrospect I could have worded it better...! This would have been discovered by now by one of the several YouTube guys that are out there. Regardless of what Elon said at the time, the radar was removed as a cost savings, so it is certainly not there on cars shipped after that point.
I apologize, I didn’t mean to come off like that. I understand I have googled and searched internet prior to having that conversation with the person at Tesla but he seemed so confident. Hence I posted my conversation here.

Reactions: DanDi58