TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Radiant Red 2010 on Ebay

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by pgwoosley, Oct 18, 2011.

1. pgwoosley

pgwoosley Member

Auction 110760074957
    Asking $99k, but inviting offers
    $144k MSRP
    San Diego

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  3. benji4

benji4 Roadster 2.5 #0476

It's missing the little rubber piece that sits behind the smartphone dock.

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

jg_640.jpg

5. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Since the car is Red maybe they are trying to emulate a stoplight? :tongue: I don't live in California but is it really necessary to have three HOV Access stickers on the car?!

I'm not in the market (for now) but I wonder what offer they'll take. So far they've declined five offers (on eBay). Anyone want to guess what they are hoping to get for it?

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yes, it is required to have the 3. But the exact mounting location is subject to some interpretation. I am not too keen on their choice.
    Usually the left and right are at least symmetrical.
    0A_640.jpg

7. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Arrrgh. It kills me when I see these stickers put on in such a sloppy way. Seriously, how much effort does it take to get them straight??

8. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I was told that he turned down flatly an offer for 85K

9. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

I test drove the car about a week ago. The interior has taken some abuse, but the exterior is in great condition. The interior has wear (on the door sills especially, the paint armor is peeling up near the door sills, the rubber piece behind the iPod port...), but I didn't find the wear that surprising for a car with 14K miles in a year. It has obviously been a driver. Also, as TEG mentioned to me, the CarFax shows that delivery on the car was taken with over 2K miles, so it looks to have possibly been a demo. It was originally registered/bought in August of 2010.

I called them yesterday to talk about an offer (I was thinking $90K), but they told me they have a sale pending on the car. The buyer "has his financing in place." Of course, it isn't sold until it's sold, but that's the status, Gladys.

Oh - one other thing. I was planning to pick up some Sector 111 carbon mirrors to get rid of the rastafarian look. So if they buyer is reading this, you might want to check into those.

- Chris

10. ipdamages

ipdamages Roadster Sports 835 & 972

#10 ipdamages, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    It turns out the buyer from Florida fell through, and I agreed Friday to buy the car. I am getting it tomorrow. $94K, all in (no added shipping, though I do pay California tax). I am looking into repainting the mirrors or putting the Sector 111s on it. I've read (on this forum) and heard from Sector 111 that they aren't an easy fit, but we'll see. I'm also looking into 2.25 conversion pricing and some other upgrades.

- Chris

11. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

#11 dhrivnak, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    Congratulations. Now the only time you will look back is to see the cars in your rearview mirror. :biggrin:

I found out on my Twilight Blue that the paint store had to find the European color charts. Apparently the cars are painted in the UK in the Lotus factory.

12. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

Congratulations, Chris!

13. Bluhorizan

Bluhorizan Member

Congratulations! I talked to sales person right after first deal fell through and he turned down $90K and was firm at $95K. Really nicely equipped. And I agree with you. My first priority would be to change those mirrors!