Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So much for Tesla's no resale clause - 11 Cybertrucks currently on Ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, despite the potential of that site (C&B), it has to be the most poorly run site I've ever come across. They had such an opportunity to boost themselves with that listing and completely failed. Doug has tons of Youtube followers. Generally he reviews them just as they are released on C&B. In this case, despite it being made known that the truck was at C&B's location, he did no such review on this one to promote the listing. On top that, the photos were altered and the thing looked even more horrible than it already is. I tried to list a car through their site and they did the same thing. Showed it in the worst possible light, not at all reflecting how it looked in real life. My listing drew bids only up to 76% of what I sold it for two days later through another site.

That site is so shady in the way they do business. NEVER again.
I thought Doug sold out to private equity? He’s probably on contract to continue promoting the site but that’s it.

I thought Doug sold out to private equity? He’s probably on contract to continue promoting the site but that’s it.
For his sake, I hope that's true and he's not responsible for the way the site is being run. I enjoy his videos, but after experiencing that site, makes it tougher to enjoy them if he's the one make those kinds of calls on that site. I'd be surprised if that site survives all that much longer if it continues the way it's going. Already see cars selling or getting bid to much lower amounts than competitive sites and seems like they have fewer and fewer "enthusiast" cars that the site was built on. A lot more standard types of cars being accepted. Used to be 100% "cool cars" or "enthusiast" type cars, now probably closer to 25% with a lot of very high mileage cars.

Why would they want it back? Once it's out of their hands, they never want it back unless you are buying another one.

I truly don't know what's the point of this truck. Just to get people starred at wherever you go? Would you really enjoy driving it? Wait a few more years and nobody will want this thing once the production at full scale. That is the nature of Tesla cars.

Why would they want it back? Once it's out of their hands, they never want it back unless you are buying another one.

I truly don't know what's the point of this truck. Just to get people starred at wherever you go? Would you really enjoy driving it? Wait a few more years and nobody will want this thing once the production at full scale. That is the nature of Tesla cars.
Plenty of people buy "bro trucks" and just use it for daily commuting and almost never using the truck capabilities (of which the stuff they use it for, the Cybertruck is perfectly capable of also), so there's certainly enough room in the market for it.

Read where one Tesla Cybertruck owner had his orders canceled and banned from purchasing any future Tesla's because he listed, not sold, just listed, his Cybertruck for sale.

Cars & Bids (horrible auction site), Doug DeMuro released a video of why he hasn't reviewed one yet, supposedly because owners were too afraid of what Tesla might do to them.

Apparently, one sold for $200,000 to Ford, so they could reverse engineer it.

There are currently 11 owners who have listed their Cybertrucks for sale, just on Ebay alone. All but one are priced over $200,000. A year and a half ago, they likely would have gotten that. We're in a different world today.

There's one listed that shows 7 bids up to $160,100, yet nobody has jumped at the Buy It Now Price of $170,000. Makes me think, the bids must be phony bids just to make it look like people are interested. Common tactic on ebay listings. If someone really wanted it and bid $160,000 for it, they'd have hit the buy it now for $170,000 to ensure they got it.

I figured maybe the first 10 might go out at ridiculous prices. But, from the looks of it, maybe you could still find a few buyers in the $150,000 range. Tesla bragged about over 1,000,000 deposits. But, as with the guy that got banned, many were people who placed multiple deposits.

Per ebay, looks like three have sold. the last one already down to $160,000.

Another 900,000 or so probably just did so since it was only $100 to do so and just in case. Since the truck didn't meat the lofty promises Tesla announced, a good chunk of people have probably aborted. Add that into the fact that the economy isn't great and demand for EV's has plateaued, all those that bought these just to flip them are likely in for a rude awakening. For the next six months, they likely can come out ahead still. But, then there will be enough available.

Hummers were selling for over $200,000 in the peak of the market. Now they struggle to bring sticker price, despite the fact that there are so few of them.

Nowadays, you can find Rivian's for in the $60,000 range. F-150 Lightnings for less than $50,000. And even at those prices, they are struggling to sell them.

Chevy is soon to release the $100,000+ Silverado. Imagine they'll struggle with sales on that one too.

Dodge (Ram) appears to have the best thing going with the PHEV Ramcharger. Right now, most are just lifestyle trucks. For those needing a truck to do real truck things, full EV's just aren't there yet. The Ramcharger is a great alternative. 150 miles in EV only range, plus a gas "generator" for long distance trips or towing needs. Basically, for 95%, 150 miles a day is way more than enough to be EV only. The convenience of the gas engine and not having to deal with public chargers on the longer trips or towing trips, I think, makes it a really attractive offering to those who are hesitant to switch from ICE to EV due to range anxiety and the unappealing public charging network. It truly does offer the best of both worlds.

My Chevy Volt was AMAZING and is what convinced me to go full EV. Ramcharger is the first truck capable of getting the 95% not willing to switch over to at least now consider it.
I got my first Volt for 99.00 a month 0 down, and Detroit Edison installed a FREE charger. Had that for 2 years, my next Volt was 0 down and 199 a month, and my 3rd was 0 down and 250 a month. Loved my Volts, people who had Prius were amazed at it and would have chosen it if they had "known" about it. Gotta wonder about those women running GM, no clue. Now on my 2nd Tesla this time a Y. I don't think I will ever have another ICE,

It's also interesting how Doug made an entire video to egg on CT owners to man up and sell their CT's on C&B's and when they did, he made them "Featured" auctions. But after 4 of them being lackluster and requiring non-stop censoring of the comment section, the 5th one is no longer a Featured auction. I guess Doug has lost interest in them.

Reactions: TessP100D
I got my first Volt for 99.00 a month 0 down, and Detroit Edison installed a FREE charger. Had that for 2 years, my next Volt was 0 down and 199 a month, and my 3rd was 0 down and 250 a month. Loved my Volts, people who had Prius were amazed at it and would have chosen it if they had "known" about it. Gotta wonder about those women running GM, no clue. Now on my 2nd Tesla this time a Y. I don't think I will ever have another ICE,
I absolutely loved my Volt. It was the car that convinced me to go full Electric. The Tesla was next and had several of those for the next 9 years. Still love the PHEV concept and think that would be the smart thing to do to start convincing the 90% that still aren't willing to switch over. If anyone would build a PHEV with 75 miles of real world EV range, they'd cover just about everyone's daily needs with gas only needed for long trips and completely removing any range anxiety or undesirable long charging times on road trips. Dodge's Ramcharger 1500 with 150 miles in range could be a came changer in the truck market. Will be interesting to see.

• Love
Reactions: Jonez and Suns_PSD
I am just guessing that this guy in a precarious position today.

He has a current high bid of $130K, but there is a reserve. So it's very likely, although I don't have any proof, that the current $130K high bid is just below his reserve and was placed by one of his buddies. That literally happens with most reserve online auctions because it's so easy to get a friend to sign up and bid with no risk since they only bid right up to the reserve, but not beyond.

The seller is saying it's so close to the reserve that it will sell today. But if that really is a shill bid, he may not get another bid because on Bring A Trailer the last one just sold for $123K with half the mileage of his (100 vs 250 miles).

For any other bidders, you'd have to feel pretty stupid to bid over $130K when the market has come down to $123K. And if the $130K bid is real, that guy may want to renege on his bid since any penalties will be less than the money he can save buying one in a couple of weeks. The previous one on BaT sold for $160K compared to the $123K to give an idea of the trend. And it's now at the point where every online auction site has a CT live all the time, so every week you wait to buy one you save thousands.

For today's C&B seller, if there are no more bids, and the last bid was his shill buddy, he won't be connected with any other bidders to do a deal, and he will have to try again, which means more time lost and thousands lower of a sales price.

Ask this guy that was probably one of the worst behaved sellers in online auction history, that scoffed at a bid of $158K on C&B, and now has it back for sale on BaT, but he is following the $123K sale in a downward trending market. This dude literally cost himself $30-40K in just a few weeks with his arrogance.

Fun soap opera to watch.

Update, the high bidder at $130K just placed another bid against himself for $132K with 2 hours left. If you don't watch online auctions, let me tell you that's about the shadiest thing you will see from a bidder. Who bids against themselves? Very fishy. C&B will be in overdrive deleting comments about that bid.

Reactions: TessP100D
Update, the high bidder at $130K just placed another bid against himself for $132K with 2 hours left. If you don't watch online auctions, let me tell you that's about the shadiest thing you will see from a bidder. Who bids against themselves? Very fishy. C&B will be in overdrive deleting comments about that bid.

Hilarious, bid $2k more while FSD went down $5k?

At this point if you really want one, put a reservation on Tesla.com and see if they call your number. Chances are you’ll get called much sooner than you think…