Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rain Sensing Wipers don't (V9 2018.35)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's finally raining again in Oregon! That's the good news, bad news is it appears the rain sensing wipers no longer do, at least not after the initial hyper-active behavior. Tried a two finger reset, same behavior. March 2018 build date with MCU2 and they worked fine Wednesday.

Curious if anyone else has seen this and a forum search didn't turn up anything recent.

Yeah noticed similar issues in V9. I live up in WA. It seems to be less sensitive to mist type rain or highway mist off from the car in front of you. The windshield will get completely misted with poor visibility and until the droplets coalesce into moving/streaming beads that move past the camera, it seems hesitant to activate the wipers. I'm constantly bumping up the wiper stalk to manually activate, something that wasn't an issue prior to update. In heavy rain it seems to work, not as well as prior though.

Yeah noticed similar issues in V9. I live up in WA. It seems to be less sensitive to mist type rain or highway mist off from the car in front of you. The windshield will get completely misted with poor visibility and until the droplets coalesce into moving/streaming beads that move past the camera, it seems hesitant to activate the wipers. I'm constantly bumping up the wiper stalk to manually activate, something that wasn't an issue prior to update. In heavy rain it seems to work, not as well as prior though.

Thanks for the info @NHK X

Just completed a freeway drive in the rain and mist and still no luck with the rain sensing wipers, exchanged emails with the SC and verified that the setting is ON in the UI but still nothing.