Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh owners: anyone notice the non-Tesla car fire by the Angus Barn?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
13390408-1392310239-640x480.jpg

http://www.wral.com/-oh-my-gosh-raleigh-woman-s-snow-photo-goes-viral/13390109/

Funny how fires in ICE cars are only a news story when they're on fire on ICE. So of course, this isn't actually a Tesla on fire. As this is a hilly area, the owner of this car was probably thrashing it hard to get traction on the hill, likely busted an oil gasket, and the leaky oil ignited -- torching the car. Where's the coverage of how unsafe these ICE cars are? Stay safe in the snow, guys!

Last edited:
Actually, there is a "negative need". All sorts of posters in the Investment section suggest that computerized trading robots troll through forums like this, looking for word associations as in this headline. May I persuade a moderator to change it asap, please?

I think it is a bad idea to use tabloid headlines like this just to attract interest, especially on this particular subject. Why give ammunition to the naysayers and stock-shorters?
Thread title seems to have been made much less mundane, and not so much poking fun at recent Tesla fires.

And now I'm hankering to dine at the Angus Barn again, haven't been there for probably a decade… sure do miss those team meals sponsored by previous employers! :biggrin:

OP, since you like fire news, here you go...happy? February 1st Toronto Tesla Fire - Business Insider

Of course I'm not happy that a substandard wiring job for a charger is going to cause the biased media to somehow blame this on Tesla. Their bias is so blatantly wrong that it's just plain farcical at this point. As my original post is burning with irony, I thought it would be obvious that I'm mocking the exact stories that are incorrectly focusing on Tesla and ignoring the fires in ICE cars that are so commonplace that they're accepted on a daily basis.

The snow gridlock here in Raleigh is reaching full blown internet meme status:
NC Snow meme: Attack on Glenwood Ave :: WRAL.com

We can laugh at ourselves here--it's a shame you have no appreciable sense of humor.

And to those making ridiculous statements that shorts will use a forum title to raise their short interest, that should actually make you happy because your play would be to either 1). Drive the price higher, as breaking the shorts backs in a short squeeze is exactly why the stock is so high. 2). If the price does go down, use this as an opportunity to purchase more.