Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random part fell off my Model 3 charge panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to charge my m3 twice today due to a long trip all over the place and trying to keep it between 20 and 80%. When I opened the charge port this rombus piece fell to the ground. I dont know exactly what it does since it doesnt feel magnetic.

My question to the group is should I just glue it back in or report it to the service center?

IMG_20181111_161423.jpg IMG_20181111_164304.jpg

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181111_164306.jpg
    MVIMG_20181111_164306.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 66
I had the same thing happen, I called service and explained a parallelogram shaped piece had fallen out of my charge port door and they sent out tesla mobile service to replace the entire charge port door, they didn't charge me.

If you google it this is an extremely common problem, I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed at the factory.

I went to charge my m3 twice today due to a long trip all over the place and trying to keep it between 20 and 80%. When I opened the charge port this rombus piece fell to the ground. I dont know exactly what it does since it doesnt feel magnetic.

My question to the group is should I just glue it back in or report it to the service center?

View attachment 351897 View attachment 351899

Glue it back on or have the SC fix it. It’s required for the charge door to function properly. Try manually opening (push to open) and closing the door without it.

Lots of 3’s have had this issue:

Piece of plastic from charge door, what is this?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: TEG and anhnguyen