Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner Model 3 hubcap fell off, replace?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I was driving a loaner m3 and hit a pothole. fortunately, no damage to the wheel. By the time I got home, I realized that one of wheel cover hubcaps is missing. A brand new one is only $35 with shipping so not a big deal. However, I am curious how does Tesla deal with that? Do they claim to my insurance or charge me for a replacement part + labor?

I want to hear how Tesla deal with damage to loaner vehicles. I could ask the service center but then I dont want to raise red flags over hitting a pothole…M3 is already beat up with a lot of scratches to the body abd wheels…

Last edited:
If it were me I'd contact the service center and ask them straight up what their policy is on such a missing item. If they say "no big deal, just forget about it", you'll save $35. If, instead, they insist upon being made whole, I'd give them the $35 when you return the car and that should cover it. No need to tell them about hitting a pothole unless it's very obvious that additional damage has been done to the car. You did walk around the vehicle before driving off the lot and note what damages already existed and document that with the service center, yes?

Reactions: ucmndd
Upvote 0
While I would tell them, I would not expect to pay for it. I've been having an issue with keeping the LF aero cover in place on my M3LR. It was recently replaced due to an accident. It appears that one of the tabs has a manufacturing defect. While it has not departed the car, I have been banging it back in place often while I await the replacement. I suspect Tesla service has seen this before.

Reactions: ucmndd
Upvote 0