Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random (Pets)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are your thoughts about electric pet fence? Is it a good alternative to a traditional gate? I am planning to set it up in my backyard but I am not that sure whether it will be effective in creating a boundary for my dog or not.

Lake Rest.jpg

What are your thoughts about electric pet fence? Is it a good alternative to a traditional gate? I am planning to set it up in my backyard but I am not that sure whether it will be effective in creating a boundary for my dog or not.

View attachment 383094

I had an 'invisible fence' for my dog. I loved it. You really need to think of it more as a training aid than a barrier though. You're essentially training your dog to not leave the yard. No doubt the effectiveness varies from dog to dog but I haven't used the collar on my dog in ~8 years and she still seems hesitant to leave the yard without me... even at a different house. I doubt that's 100% because of her experience as a puppy but it sure was effective.

Reactions: mrgrtt123