Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range on Induction wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20200416_174000.jpg

Love the 20's...

Standby off, Sentry on, Remote Access allowed. (For you decimal point watchers!);)

SS

Last edited:
Reactions: everydaychris
MY PUP with 21" Uberturbines and I am getting 270Wh/mi average in the mountains, and 258Wh/mi on the highway at 75-80. I have over 1200 mi on it now, and have not actually taken it on the interstate, but I have driven a lot of back highways. Bear in mind NM is a high altitude state, but the temps are in the 80s -90s now. The stock tires are not going to cut it as soon as the snow falls this fall though.

Reactions: K72V426
MY PUP with 21" Uberturbines and I am getting 270Wh/mi average in the mountains, and 258Wh/mi on the highway at 75-80. I have over 1200 mi on it now, and have not actually taken it on the interstate, but I have driven a lot of back highways. Bear in mind NM is a high altitude state, but the temps are in the 80s -90s now. The stock tires are not going to cut it as soon as the snow falls this fall though.
Will be a good time yanking those slicks off the back end this fall. Thread title is a wheel that fits a common ASR.

Will be a good time yanking those slicks off the back end this fall. Thread title is a wheel that fits a common ASR.
i1tesla has already confirmed that all of the MY's wheels fit all of the MY's brakes, but the question is what is the actual range difference between the different wheels on the road. The long range gets 320mi and the PUP gets 285mi with the 21's, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the 20's actually getting better range.