Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range went from 326 miles down to 296 miles in 7 months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After less than a year is it normal to have Telsa model y report 296 miles max on a charge vs the stated 326 miles it was originally? I had an accident where some guy hit me from behind and it took the shop 6 months to repair it and I feared it was sitting uncharged for a majority of that time. Is there a way I can figure out the battery history - I hear things about teslafi.com

The battery warranty from tesla is 70% capacity, for 8 years or 120k miles. That means, for a vehicle that started with 326 miles, the warranty states it will have at least 228 miles capacity at 8 years or 120k miles. Tesla will not engage at all (not at all) on anything related to "my battery only goes" unless there are alerts / errors, or you hit that threshhold.

To answer your question, yes, 10% capacity loss in the first year is pretty normal. Signing up for any of those apps that "monitor the battery" needs to be "for entertainment purposes only", meaning you are just interested in the data, as tesla will not use anything from any of those apps, even if they stated you had 30% loss and meet the battery threshhold.

If you want to calculate your batteries capacity using the information on the screen, you can do so with the information in a sticky thread we have in the model 3 subforum, here:

If you want to read more about people who are asking the same basic question about the battery in their car, you can look through this 192 page (pages of posts, not 192 posts) thread which is talking about the same basic thing.