Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

re: Key Card functionality after blown pyrofuse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a wrecked 2018 M3 with a blown pyrofuse. No airbags were deployed but I think the driver's seatbelt srs module went off. The 12v battery is entirely dead. I contacted the previous owner who said he had a few Tesla key cards but wasn't sure which was for the old Tesla. He was nice enough to give me both his key cards to test on the old car to see which is the correct key card. After hooking up a jumper battery to the car and seeing the car's screen monitor boot up I tried both key cards on the pillar key sensor- neither card would lock/unlock the car.

Question: After an accident/blown pyrofuse does the functionality of the key card stop working until the fuse is replaced?

I don't have an answer to your question but if you can get the screen to boot up, try going into the Locks menu and see what the vehicle has retained for valid keys. I wouldn't think that a blown pyrofuse could make the car forget all of the keys. I believe that even a factory reset will remember keycards (but not a phonekey).