Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reading speed limit sign confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
havent seen before but noticed that there is a school zone speed limit sign that indicates when yellow light on school in session and speed 25. Of course my car believes speed limit is 25 regardless of whether light is on or not. Started to think of other areas car could be confused such as a sign posting minimum speed limit, truck speed limit or time specific speed limits. I am not sure how they will be able to sort this out unless gov standardizes conditional speed limit signa

havent seen before but noticed that there is a school zone speed limit sign that indicates when yellow light on school in session and speed 25. Of course my car believes speed limit is 25 regardless of whether light is on or not. Started to think of other areas car could be confused such as a sign posting minimum speed limit, truck speed limit or time specific speed limits. I am not sure how they will be able to sort this out unless gov standardizes conditional speed limit signa
the system reads the speed limit, not the times it is in force, if the sign is there that is what the car thinks is the speed limit.