Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear 40% Seat Switch Causes Both Rear Seats to Lower

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY was working properly wrt to seats lowering but following service to have passenger-side rear seat fixed to be same height as driver-side rear seat, the thread issue appeared consistently. After I took it home prior to taking it back for service to fix this issue, it worked again consistently. Now, following Mobile Service to replace passenger-side rear Y pillar, the thread issue is now consistently falling. I think the failing is not associated with the service activities, it's just showing up from time to time. I am planning to take it in for service to see if they can resolve this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has it been fixed? Thanks.

MY was working properly wrt to seats lowering but following service to have passenger-side rear seat fixed to be same height as driver-side rear seat, the thread issue appeared consistently. After I took it home prior to taking it back for service to fix this issue, it worked again consistently. Now, following Mobile Service to replace passenger-side rear Y pillar, the thread issue is now consistently falling. I think the failing is not associated with the service activities, it's just showing up from time to time. I am planning to take it in for service to see if they can resolve this.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has it been fixed? Thanks.
Your main text is hard to read, so I'll answer based on your thread title only. I had a similar but not exactly the same problem. My switches were reversed, lowering the opposite site seats compared to what the figure on the switch indicated. But SC claimed that they couldn't reproduce the problem, so it sounds like this kind of things are software glitch, not hardware (there's a slim chance the SC fixed the wire and lied about it because of the lemon law, but it's unlikely IMO).