Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hit bad pot hole last week. Broke RR upper suspension arm, num 10 in picture. I took it off and went to Service Center in Vienna Virginia to get new arm. Young man in service department asked me if I was bringing car in for repair? He was idiot, I had broken arm in my hand. I said no. He got me the part from parts department. Oh, we are NOT allowed in parts department. He had to asked them via laptop, he could not walk 20 feet.
He got arm. Then he asked i was bringing car in for rear end alignment? I explained there is no way to align the rear. He got deer in headlight look. These SC are ripping off customers for rear alignment. My buddy here said they get car straight on machine, then align the front to make it track straight. As you can see by picture there are no adjustments. It took me 20 minutes to get it out, longer to find 18mm , 10mm, 8mm wrench than to actually remove it.

Attachments

• TeslaRearSuspension.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
Yes, have the toe checked. Also, I torque my RR ULs with the suspension fully loaded so as not to incur any rotational bias on both the inboard and outboard bushings thus removing premature wear since I have original (6+ year old) bushing design.