Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Bumper Guard Suggestion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all.
Annoyingly, my MY has had the actual tailgate dinted in a parking garage (as you know the rear bumper offers near zero protection). I was thinking a bumper guard might help? Has anyone a good brand recommendation for the MY? I searched and found nothing.

May be adding an extra trim protection could help?

BumpTEK RP-53HD - (53" Heavy Duty Edition)
BumperX 6" Width. Bumper Protector & Guard

91yBqrGbR8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg 812XXgHRRmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg Rear Bumper Protection .jpg

bumper guard

bumper guard  .jpg

T-Rex Bumper Protector, Front or Rear Bumper Guard for Cars (4" High)
Runmade Black Anti-collision Patch Bumper Guard Strip Anti-scratch Bumper Protector
Dent Prevent Removable Magnetic Car Door Protector

Last edited:
I would start with Not allowing that family member to drive the car lol. Few if Any cars car survive driving into a brick wall without a scratch. Instead of modifying the car I would start with a parking aid in the garage even a simple tennis ball on a string will help.

I would start with Not allowing that family member to drive the car lol. Few if Any cars car survive driving into a brick wall without a scratch. Instead of modifying the car I would start with a parking aid in the garage even a simple tennis ball on a string will help.
No, I mean I got back to the car and someone had nudged it on their way out of the lot, thinking the bumper would take the impact. Not with a MY rear.

So, you either make the rear of the car ugly by placing those "mats" or your bumper cover gets dirty by scratch or minor bumps from others.
They both result in making your rear end ugly, so take your pick.
Are you in the city (NYC)? if yes, you know you will not have scratch/dent free front/rear bumper covers in your life time in the city.

Reactions: RPM51
What on earth? Do you have a

What on earth? Hey, it was a serious post. If you can't help out then don't.
Shame on me for asking if this was the Same inquiry you recently posted. Assumed it was rare for someone to damage the same car in a garage twice that often. IF you were repeatability crashing into the same garage wall I think my suggestion was valid to add a garage sensor.

YOUR previous post:
Hey, all. We've had our MY (white) for 1 month. Someone in the family has reversed into the garage brick wall. The back bumper is badly scratched - a narrow edge - 5mm wide and about 2 mm deep. 1 foot long. Anyone have advice on the best touch up paint?

Bummed

Ok hear me out. Even if you don't bike, get a bike rack and just keep it in storage position and it will protect your bumper :p

I love having peace of mind knowing back of my car is safe while my bike rack is mounted. Like if i find a parking spot (I'm In NYC) and park behind a fire hydrant. No one can park in front of me and anyone parking behind me is too afraid to get too close to my bumper.

Attachments

• 20220712_193447.jpg
    20220712_193447.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 20220712_193440.jpg
    20220712_193440.jpg
    566.7 KB · Views: 186
from the CA Bay Area. Tight spots and horrible drivers. This is what I used for 40k miles, not a single scratch But again. I pick and choose my spot. Usually the “cheap seats” or single spots. Or the first car on the street so I know my front bumper is safe.

EE8BF735-5769-4D71-B760-F649F3EBE50F.jpeg95C551BF-E9D0-4177-A0AE-94319940FB52.jpeg