Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear bumper repair.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes I spoke to Tesla directly, they can provide another tesla, just means a longer waiting time to get one. 6 weeks wait apparently so I’ll just join the queue.

Obviously if putin nukes the Uk then all this will be a waste of my time.

Don't trust Tesla with courtesy car as they will send you a message at the 11th hour saying they don't have a spare car. Without consulting with you, they will push the appointment by another month. It happened to me many times hence mentioning it. May be they did this on purpose with me as cost of repairs was theirs due to issues detected post delivery.

And did they not give cost of replacing the parts as an option? If the cost is going to be similar, its worth waiting for parts to arrive as it will be back to original condition. Just a thought.

Don't trust Tesla with courtesy car as they will send you a message at the 11th hour saying they don't have a spare car. Without consulting with you, they will push the appointment by another month. It happened to me many times hence mentioning it. May be they did this on purpose with me as cost of repairs was theirs due to issues detected post delivery.

And did they not give cost of replacing the parts as an option? If the cost is going to be similar, its worth waiting for parts to arrive as it will be back to original condition. Just a thought.
Yeh fair point, what Tesla service location was this?

They did say I can wait for the part, they said it’s a 2-3 hour wait to fit it… so that’s an option I guess.

Just concerned of their colour matching ability. May just go local, have the bumper and rear quarter panels blended in ensure a better job and then job done. Should still work out cheaper than a new bumper from tesla.

Yeh fair point, what Tesla service location was this?

They did say I can wait for the part, they said it’s a 2-3 hour wait to fit it… so that’s an option I guess.

Just concerned of their colour matching ability. May just go local, have the bumper and rear quarter panels blended in ensure a better job and then job done. Should still work out cheaper than a new bumper from tesla.
Gildford service centre. Despite all those initial appointment frustrations, their technician was very nice. And frankly no one will notice subtle colour difference unless you tell them. And don't clean the car often. 😋