Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear door handle does what it likes to do

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My left rear door handle did not come out anymore a year ago. I called Tesla and they told me that when I hear a sound trying to open/present the door handle it is better to take the fuse out to prevent more damage. The fuse is foe both rear door handles so the both did not work anymore. My car went to the Tesla service center and although I never had a problem with my right rear door handle the renewed the right one and the left one was ok???
This ok means that the handle comes out sometimes but does not want to open the door. Sometimes it comes out and opens the door. Most of the times the handle does not comes out at all. I have to pay 400 euro to renew the door handle while I already paid that for the left where I never had a problem with. It cannot be tahat broken when it works in it's own way. Anybody has a idea???Thanks Rene

My left rear door handle did not come out anymore a year ago. I called Tesla and they told me that when I hear a sound trying to open/present the door handle it is better to take the fuse out to prevent more damage. The fuse is foe both rear door handles so the both did not work anymore. My car went to the Tesla service center and although I never had a problem with my right rear door handle the renewed the right one and the left one was ok???
This ok means that the handle comes out sometimes but does not want to open the door. Sometimes it comes out and opens the door. Most of the times the handle does not comes out at all. I have to pay 400 euro to renew the door handle while I already paid that for the left where I never had a problem with. It cannot be tahat broken when it works in it's own way. Anybody has a idea???Thanks Rene
Rene, sorry to hear about your door handle problem. In my view, you should not have to pay for this. I've had all of my door handles replaced, some multiple times. It should not work like this. All the best and let me know if you experience any more door handle issues as I'm putting together some information to hopefully get Tesla to respond to many complaints about this.

Upvote 0