Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla S 2016 Passenger Door handle no power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone help me: I have a Model S 2016, opened the door to replace the module (Gen3) Handle was overextended so i decided to replace the fuse also. But on the diagram shows F233 10Amp X2, I only see one fuse.
Does anyone know if it is one that controls both doors or there are two?
I even ordered a new handle and now the motor of the handle does not even spin and handle does not extend. The other 3 handles are functional.
Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 3.45.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 3.45.35 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Thank you so much for your response, I tested it and flipped it but although the prongs were a bit dark, it seemed to work, and the other door was responsive. I am looking to see if any of the wires are broken, but i can not find any damage. I can not figure it out and it os driving me crazy

Upvote 0
So to get it right, both side of the fuse are fine? You have changed the hadle to whole new unit and it’s installed and it does not function? If so, then are you familiar with the hidden service menu on car? In the menu you can re-deploy current SW so that the new unit will be known to the car.

Upvote 0
So to get it right, both side of the fuse are fine? You have changed the handle to whole new unit and it’s installed and it does not function? If so, then are you familiar with the hidden service menu on car? In the menu you can re-deploy current SW so that the new unit will be known to the car.
No am not, I was looking how to calibrate it, but on my model 2016 did not find out how. I am really grateful for your help, and for trying to figure that issue with me!

Upvote 0
Sorry, not the OP but that 12V note on the Tesla instructions is for granting positive outcome if for some reason the voltage will drop. Usually you do not connect your support charger to the 12V battery each time you allow the car to update? Here is another discussion about the same situation.

Upvote 0