Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear-end accidents. Need help and advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I got rear-end in a highway and also hit a car in front of me. It is s plaid that only have few hundred miles in it that I just got lease from Tesla with Tesla insurance.
Since it is in Texas and Im not at fault. And obviously from what I read it takes forever to fix the car, specially if need parts! Beside all the damage to the car, what else can I claim to 3rd party insurance? Should I hire an attorney to do it for me since I dont have knowledge? I want to go after LOU and DV but since it is a leased car, can I get those and how much? Im not gonna settle for a $30 car rental- I need a car with similar value to my work but im not yet sure how to claim it?
Also car is under business name and I’m using it for business, what else can I claim? And what gonna happens if car take forever to fix.
Also if I dont get DV, will tesla go after me at the end of the lease? How do I know or be sure if they’re not? I just got the car for 1 month so have a lot of time until returning, and I want to be sure that if I returned I won’t have to pay for DV at the end.
Thanks for all the help, and if someone know any reputable attorney that can help me w this would be great.
No one has to go to hospital (consider it is involved to 4 cars and the at fault driver was going very fast) that is very lucky.