Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Ground Clearance at Supercharger with Rear Diffuser + Lowered Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I've only had my Model 3 Performance since February of 2023, and I visited a Tesla Supercharger station for the first time this past weekend. I now have a question/concern that maybe someone else here with a lowered M3P and a rear diffuser installed could help me answer when it comes to using Supercharger.

My M3P is lowered on MPP Comfort Adjustable coilovers somewhere around 1.25" - 1.5" below stock ride height. I am getting a carbon Fiber aero kit installed in a few weeks and it includes a rear diffuser.

I noticed that as I was backing into the a Supercharger spot there is a little curb that you need to clear in order to get close enough for the short charging handle cable to reach the charge port. I got out of my car when I thought I was pretty close to the curb (I was nervous about scraping the underside of my rear bumper) and I didn't want to back all the way into it. I wasn't quite close enough and had to get in my car and back up a little more (still not to the point where the rear tires hit the curb) in order to get charging.

This is not my photo (found it through Google) but it illustrates the curb I'm talking about. I'm talking about the little black curb with white stripes:

I figure the curb height is approximately 4" tall. Does anyone know the height for sure? What minimum ground clearance in the rear have you found still lets you back up close enough? Does Tesla install this curb as a standard at most/all sites? I'm looking for insight into people who may have lowered their M3P and have a rear diffuser and if charging at Supercharger stations is now an issue or even worse is that impossible once those mods are done to your car.

Maybe I'll be fine, just looking to get some opinions from the community. Thanks!
-Dana