Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear hatch interior panel removal??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to remove the rear hatch interior panel?

I had a slight mishap this weekend and backed into my wife’s car. The damn rear sensors were too slow. I was going less than a mph and it caused a 1” crease line dent on the hatch. Not deep or noticeable at all but being OCD I am going to have PDR done on it. I wanted to know if anyone has removed the plastic panel and how so? Is it entirely clipped in?

I’ve removed the panels to tighten down my tail lights, and yes it’s all clips. The panel is made up of two pieces, an upper piece and a bottom one. Take off the upper one first by prying off the clips. Then remove the lower one, making sure you unclip the (single) power connector before fully removing that piece. I took some photos when I had it apart and posted in another thread, I’ll try and see if I can find a link to them.

Fabulous thank you guys! I saw the video too on YouTube but he shows it backwards of putting it back on.
Anyways I’m relieved it’s all clips.

I’m so fking pissed at myself I wanted to punch a wall. Today feels better, tomorrow the PDR guy comes. Anyways... this cars sensor is quite disappointing! My Lexus RX parking sensors was wayyy better.