Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear high voltage juntion box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think my rear high voltage juntion box has fail with no warnings. it refuses to dc charge. Does replacing the box requires any coding or is it plug and play?I bought another one but haven't installedit. Fuses are fine so I guess could be the switching solenoids not detecting the DC. Ac onboard chargers are working ok. Car has supercharge fine the last few years

Attachments

• 20221226_164516.jpg
    20221226_164516.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 137
I have the 2015 85D and got the same issue over Christmas while traveling was a nightmare. Got wired $2700 to replace the charging unit. Are you saying you bought the Gen 2 charging unit (1014963-00-L) and are looking to replace? Do you have any pics or walkthrough?

Upvote 0
@Camplac Supercharging doesn't use the onboard charger it bypasses it and goes straight to the batteries. the charger is what converts AC to DC to charge when you're hooked to a house charger or similar.

I've had unable to charge errors a couple times I've fixed it by doing the brake pedal 2 finger salute or trying a different supercharger stall so far it has worked

Upvote 0
@Camplac Supercharging doesn't use the onboard charger it bypasses it and goes straight to the batteries. the charger is what converts AC to DC to charge when you're hooked to a house charger or similar.

I've had unable to charge errors a couple times I've fixed it by doing the brake pedal 2 finger salute or trying a different supercharger stall so far it has worked
On older cars the unit that detects and diverts the DC around the AC charger (high voltage junction box) is in the charger.

Upvote 0
I have the 2015 85D and got the same issue over Christmas while traveling was a nightmare. Got wired $2700 to replace the charging unit. Are you saying you bought the Gen 2 charging unit (1014963-00-L) and are looking to replace? Do you have any pics or walkthrough?
I bought the high voltage juntion box between the two AC to DC chargers that redirects the voltage to either the battery or the on-board chargers.

Upvote 0
On older cars the unit that detects and diverts the DC around the AC charger (high voltage junction box) is in the charger.
That doesn't sound right. I know of several people that can supercharged just fine but can't charge at home when the onboard charge went out. the logic board for that was inside the charger then it seems like all charging would be disabled...... But I've also had a lot of rum tonit so perhaps I'm not understanding what your saying 🤦‍♂️😂

Upvote 0

Thanks for the reply, I’ve tried no less than 10 different stalls over a 2 month period. Warm temps and cool temps. I was so stoked to pass 200k miles in my 2015 ms85d (199,450 now). Until 2022, had next to no issues. In less than 12 months, AC went out, had to replace infotainment system, door handle, 12v, and now the gen 2 charging unit.

Upvote 0