Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear license plate holder fasteners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is strange. Mine came with both the front and rear screws in marked packages bundled with the front license plate. Did you check that? SC will install them for you or you can get the screws from them if you want to do it yourself.

That is strange. Mine came with both the front and rear screws in marked packages bundled with the front license plate. Did you check that? SC will install them for you or you can get the screws from them if you want to do it yourself.

Same here. Rear plate screws were already installed with the 'Model 3' plate frame and the front plate kit was in a sealed packet in the frunk at delivery (along with the toy car). Your SC should take care of these - they are supposed to be included (tho several have mentioned they didn't get the toy car... which would totally suck!).

Mine came with the two top screws holding the rear license plate (it flapped in the breeze), the front license plate holder (tape, no screws), floor mats installed upside down (took me two days to figure that out--d'oh!) and no toy car. I found two screws around the house to hold the bottom of the rear plate, and I'm sure I can find other screws for the front, once I get around to installing it.

(Potential) upside to poor installation: I think the toll tag folks may have trouble tracking me down for my toll lane usage while the only plate flapped in the breeze. Or maybe not.

I had the front mount and one license plate frame with Model 3 in the frunk but no packet of screws to be found anywhere. When I went to order a new hood emblem after PPF, I told SC parts person I needed two sets of screws for the license plates and they gave me eight screws at no charge.

I have four screws screwed into the nylon washers. I tried to take them off to install my plates but on the last one the nylon washer spins with the screw so I can't take off. Have to make an appt with service or take off the hatch panel on my own.

Open to any suggestions.

I searched the trunk (upper and lower), the frunk, the three console storage areas, and the glove box--no license screws. My local auto-parts store (remember those?), had a display area of them and they were all about the same diameter--too wide. Down the street, the local hardware store directed me to the Co-op (hay, feed, hardware, cowboy paraphernalia, etc.), and they had a nice selection of differently sized license screws (not encased in a heavy plastic package as were those in the auto-parts store), and an very helpful hardware manager! The rear plate is now installed--just in time to miss the inclement Pacific NW weather.