Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Screen Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thoughts:

Doubtful. There are only a handful of retrofits that Tesla has offered, and this seems like it would need different software that was made specifically for the Highland, which also has other differences like the interior colored LED, vented seats, and loss of stalks.

Personally, if they're retrofitting anything, I'd be very happy for vented seats (not third-party).

Thoughts:

Doubtful. There are only a handful of retrofits that Tesla has offered, and this seems like it would need different software that was made specifically for the Highland, which also has other differences like the interior colored LED, vented seats, and loss of stalks.

Personally, if they're retrofitting anything, I'd be very happy for vented seats (not third-party).

Yeah. I guess I'll just wait for someone to make some magic and sell it aftermarket

I know there are many aftermarket rear screens for the M3 and MY now but I am curious if there will be a retrofit from the Highland to the OG Tesla. I only ask because I know that the integration is excellent. Thoughts.

I would have said " My thought is, it wont happen", but I thought the same thing about the powered trunk for model 3, and Tesla has eventually started offering to retrofit that (even though it doesnt work for 2018 and early 2019 model 3s but still...).

It depends on exactly what is entailed in getting it in the car. I dont think tesla will ever offer a retrofit to the Lithium Ion 12 (16v) battery, because it also seems to be gated to the ryzen processor, and different connections.

Tesla never offered (and wont) a retrofit to get heat pump heating into model 3s that came with resistive heating. Most manufacturers dont offer retrofits at all for things like this, so this isnt unusual.

With that being said, Tesla has said (but not come through on yet) they will offer retrofit CCS charging capability into older model 3s and Ys that dont have it yet (for a fee). We know this is possible, and not that difficult, because people on this website figured out what needs to happen to make it happen.

Tesla is offering to retrofit powered trunks on model 3s that didnt come with them (that have the correct harness, no 2018s yet).

So, My guess is, if they offer it at all, it would be on vehicles that had the upgraded console, but I personally think there is much chance they do. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being NO WAY IN @$#%^%. and 10 Being "Absolutely 100% they will do it, I am at like a 2 or 3. Heat pump retrofit = 1 (no way in !$@$#) Octovalve retrofit = 1 (no way in $%%^), back screen retrofit = 3 (very, very doubtful but perhaps, maybe....)