Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat crumbling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rear seat in a 2020 Model X that I recently bought appears to be crumbling and produces white powder residue when wiped.
Has anyone else had this problem and have any ideas on how to resolve it?

C0D970AF-095C-40B3-B6AC-CE1C3847628C.jpeg

Attachments

• 7BDAE25B-97B9-4D21-8A0A-D777ECE76E80.jpeg
    7BDAE25B-97B9-4D21-8A0A-D777ECE76E80.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 41
I've never seen that particular issue and I've looked at a lot of white Tesla seats. I know some folks are concerned with the new perforated ones staining and tearing, but I've never seen this particular issue on the old "vegan leather" cream or white seats. I'm just not sure there is any way to fix that other than have the seat replaced. Either it's a manufacturing defect or someone cleaned a vinyl seat with something not meant for vinyl, like maybe acetone, bleach, or ammonia...I hate to sound like a broken record this week, but if you are still under warranty I would schedule a service appointment.

I've never seen that particular issue and I've looked at a lot of white Tesla seats. I know some folks are concerned with the new perforated ones staining and tearing, but I've never seen this particular issue on the old "vegan leather" cream or white seats. I'm just not sure there is any way to fix that other than have the seat replaced. Either it's a manufacturing defect or someone cleaned a vinyl seat with something not meant for vinyl, like maybe acetone, bleach, or ammonia...I hate to sound like a broken record this week, but if you are still under warranty I would schedule a service appointment.
Thanks, I have scheduled a service appointment. Let’s see what Tesla say..

The rear seat in a 2020 Model X that I recently bought appears to be crumbling and produces white powder residue when wiped.
Has anyone else had this problem and have any ideas on how to resolve it?

View attachment 951007
WOW - That is CHEAP stuff. There are different GRADES of leather. Mercedes, BMW etc use TOP GRAIN NAPPA. The skin is tanned and dye soaks thru the skin. This Tesla seat looks like a cheap quality leather and the spray paint cracked. Not much you can do.