Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Side Windows Shades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news! I checked with him about a year ago and at that point (prior to any Model 3s reaching the UK side of the pond) he had no ETA or plans to develop them.

Cant wait, as the aftermarket provides no meaningful alternative for the slightly odd shaped frameless Model 3 windows. Everything out there (from static cling to roll up to over glass socks) is ulta meh.

Reactions: Safi888
Great news! I checked with him about a year ago and at that point (prior to any Model 3s reaching the UK side of the pond) he had no ETA or plans to develop them.

Cant wait, as the aftermarket provides no meaningful alternative for the slightly odd shaped frameless Model 3 windows. Everything out there (from static cling to roll up to over glass socks) is ulta meh.
These ones are the same ones which he does for every car!

blinds4cars update:

received a shipment including a small number of Model 3 shades for the front and rear side windows.

As the windows are frameless, they only fit when the doors are closed as that is the only way of forming a frame that they can fit into. When the doors are open, there shades will fall out.

pricing etc to be available soon

The fit and finish of Quicksnaps is great. Perfect complement for the OE panoramic and rear roof section shades and the small rear triangular window shades off eBay.

Same basic concept, material, look.

The side window ones can only be applied once the doors and windowa are closed. They press/snap into place perfectly and stay there up against the glass until ready to exit.

At this point its best to pull them before opening the door... else just open the door and they pop / fall out however any one corner can be pulled down a tad with the window so best to pull. Screenshot_20191129-133503_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20191129-133457_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: PNWLeccy
The fit and finish of Quicksnaps is great. Perfect complement for the OE panoramic and rear roof section shades and the small rear triangular window shades off eBay.

The side window ones can only be applied once the doors and windowa are closed. They press/snap into place perfectly and stay there up against the glass until ready to exit.

At this point its best to pull them before opening the door... else just open the door and they pop / fall out however any one corner can be pulled down a tad with the window so best to pull.View attachment 482754 View attachment 482758
Are these from amazon or blinds for cars?

Fitment front and back row is perfect. They also match the OE glassr roof and rear window shades, fit feel material.

No issues with opening the doors and these popping out. Take a second to remove or replace.
They will self pop out if not pulled before you open the doors.

At this point its best to pull them before opening the door... else just open the door and they pop / fall out however any one corner can be pulled down a tad with the window so best to pull.View attachment 482754 View attachment 482758

Could you please share a picture of the front windows with these On? Thanks!

They look the same... and are cheap enough its not even worth my/your time - just buy them if you need something like this.

I have them stored flat in the trunk, under the trunk 3Dmaxpider mat. Will be using again once my nephew needs them again Spring, Summer.

Holy cow how do you get away with that? Nothing is legal on front windows in CA (but usually get away with 35-50) but 18?? Looks nice though!
Are you kidding? Getting the police to enforce anything in CA these days is impossible. It is now the wild west, drive in the carpool lane with 1 occupant, put wide wheels on your car with no fender or flap covering them so rocks can be thrown up and crack others' windows, speed, alter your exhaust to annoy people. nothing is enforced these days! I spoke with a guy who won a model 3 and he tinted all his windows even the front and I asked him about it, he says all the cops know him and wave to him.
Laws are just suggestions now here in CA.