Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Small Motor Half Shafts part numbers same as Large Motor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the two drive shafts from the rear motor to the wheel hubs are the same parts as on the Tesla Large Rear Motor half shafts? Also are the Performance motors drive shafts also the same parts? From eBay I see a P/N 2012-2018 Tesla Model S Drive Shaft CV Axle for Rear Right or Left Part Number 1007719-01-A.

You can access the official electronic parts catalog here: https://epc.teslamotors.com/. Click "General Public" on the login page.

I don't know what year you're looking for, but note that early build cars had different halfshafts for performance (P85) and non-performance (40, 60, 85), but Tesla quickly standardized on using the performance halfshafts on all cars, in production and service. Installing a performance halfshaft on a car that currently has non-performance requires the rear hub to be changed to match. Again, this would only affect early cars; off the top of my head, I'm thinking the change happened in 2013.