Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear trunk corrosion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally have some resolution on this issue…

in January 2023, I submitted a service request to my local SC for the paint corrosion again. They said that I need to contact the body shop that repainted the area. So I called them and went over there for them to look at it. They agreed that the trunk needs to be replaced, and that it can’t be repainted again.

So I went back to Tesla and told them this. And after about 3 months they finally approved the quote to get my trunk replaced at a local Tesla certified body shop. Wonder why it takes them so long to approve an quote?

Also, I made it a point to the SC that I wanted a loaner car since these repairs are being done under warranty. The SC told me that since the work is not being done in the Tesla shop, they cannot provide me a loaner. Instead I had to get the body shop to include in their quote to Tesla an enterprise rental for however long the repairs will take (I was estimated 3 weeks).

Reactions: Greytop
Great to hear you're getting a new Trunk (boot) lid, good the Tesla agreed to that.
I'm keeping a regular eye on the 'second attempt' paint work that my local Tesla SC carried out to my Model 3. If it bubbles up again I will also be demanding a new trunk lid.

Also, I spoke to the owner of the body shop and he said after seeing my car he started checking the trunk area and noticed several other teslas unknowingly had the same corrosion 😬

Friendly remind to check y’all’s cars regularly for this

Reactions: Greytop