Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear view camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 M3 backup camera shows a stored photo of a shopping center parking lot whenever I select Reverse or I choose the rear view camera manually. Interestingly, when I review the stored sentry video images, the rear view image is included along with the front, left and right video. Have I mismanaged a setting somehow?

My 2021 M3 backup camera shows a stored photo of a shopping center parking lot whenever I select Reverse or I choose the rear view camera manually. Interestingly, when I review the stored sentry video images, the rear view image is included along with the front, left and right video. Have I mismanaged a setting somehow?
Not supposed to do that at all. Have you tried rebooting the car? The camera may have frozen somehow, but haven't really heard of something like this.

Upvote 0
Am I understanding that you are not seeing your right and left rear cameras in reverse? I'm not either. Got my 2021 M3 on Thursday and haven't seen the side cameras pop up at all. That was definitely a feature on my 2018 M3 and I assumed it would be on this one, but am I missing something?

ETA: Nevermind. I didn't realize you had to swipe up from the bottom to pull the side cameras up. That was not a feature on the 2018; they were just there, so I didn't realize that was required.

Upvote 0