Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Window Defroster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used my rear window defroster a few days ago and noticed that there are a couple of lines that do NOT defrost. It looked odd to me that they don't defrost all the window. I brought this to Tesla service's attention when I was there last week for a different reason and showed them these pictures. The service tech who looked at this told me that this is normal and those two lines are antenna lines. This looks very strange to me that they will leave a bid fogged up square in the middle of the rear glass like this. I want to believe them but having a hard time with it.

Can any of you please check your defrosted window and let me know if it looks similar to mine or are they just trying to feed me a bunch of bull!!

Thanks
IMG_20190103_191102.jpg

IMG_20190103_191422.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby and CyberShy
Yup. I mentioned it to the mobile tech last time he came out for tire rotation and he said to take a photo and they will likely replace the whole window. I'm planning to schedule a service appointment and also have them fix my sticky driver's door handle.

IMG_0138.jpeg
IMG_0139.jpeg
IMG_0211.jpeg

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Cowby and Dre78
The service tech who looked at this told me that this is normal and those two lines are antenna lines.
I always have a lot of respect for someone who will say, "I don't know" rather than make up an answer. This is clearly a made-up answer. Just browsing through various people's photos on this thread reveals that different people are having different heater lines not functioning, so it's clearly not an antenna.

I always have a lot of respect for someone who will say, "I don't know" rather than make up an answer. This is clearly a made-up answer. Just browsing through various people's photos on this thread reveals that different people are having different heater lines not functioning, so it's clearly not an antenna.

Yeah, that's very annoying that someone would come up with a lie like that just to get out of doing the repair.