Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Window Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another tint Q so I apologize in advanced. Tried to search but didn't find the answer I was looking for. On a MS with a lighter interior, go with 5% or 15% on the rear window to match the roof perfectly? Bonus points if you can provide pictures.

I matched a previous car by going to a local after market tint dealer and they had a tester. They put car outdoors in full light (not sunlight) and tested. They order the tint in and when it was complete it looked awesome. Warning some states only allow a max percentage of tint and WILL ticket you and you will have to have removed. No photos sorry.

M

I tint all of my vehicles. The biggest mistake I ever made was tinting windows on my GMC Typhoon to 5% because I wanted them "really dark" because you can't see anything out of them at night. Especially trying to look out the back window. Granted, I didn't have a backup camera but I still wouldn't do it. IMO when they're that dark it looks tacky too but that's just my opinion. If those are your two options I'd go 15% and not lose a moment's sleep over the decision.

Reactions: Gadget-X
Why are you trying to match the roof glass vs worrying about the windows? 5% is too dark IMO from a night vision perspective like @Ostrichsak stated.

I'm glad I asked this question. I had not taken visibility into consideration. I will go with the 15%.

I have a white MS coming. I am trying to go with the look of one flowing glass from top all the way to bottom. I love how this looks with the contrasting white body.

Reactions: Doanster1