Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reasonable price for paint correction + ceramic coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm already looking to do a full XPEL wrap. I think I wanted to do a ceramic coating on top to make it really easy to clean and to add a bit of gloss to the finish. The shop I'm doing the PPF install quoted me at $1500 for full paint correction (they said usually a 4 pass) and then the application of the ceramic coating (they use gtechniq) on all painted surfaces and the plastic trim of the car.

Is this a reasonable price, or is this really too much?

You have to check your car paint quality first. After hand wash your car, put it into direct sunlight or use a flashlight and look for scratches & swirls.

If they show up alot or look like deep scratches, the shop is telling the truth and the price is reasonable.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasRat
@P85_DA hahaha I wish! Noooo the particular quote was for just paint correction and ceramic coating installed. The price for XPEL full wrap is like $4400. Full wrap + paint correction + coating would be like $5900.

I think I'm going w/ another shop that is smaller and more highly recommended though. Stopped by their shop today to talk and look at some of their work. They use SunTek instead, but the quality level is very high. The detailer came highly recommended and actually told me that usually PPF will hide a lot of superficial blemishes and a paint correction is only really needed if 1) I really want perfect paint before they seal it up (I don't really care as long as it doesn't look terrible) 2) it just really looks bad coming from the factory.

Current thought is:
1) Full wrap w/ SunTek ultra (including headlights and fogs) - $4100
2) Gtechniq CSL + EXO coating over PPF - $600
3) Glassparency coating applied to windshield w/ 3 year warranty and free quarterly touchups/reapplication - $125
4) paint correction only if absolutely needed.

I feel like that's going to get me into good shape to give me ease of maintenance and as nice of a looking car as I can get without going overboard (maybe this is already overboard :p)

5) Llumar stratos 30 tint on all windows, including the small windows up top on FWDs + Air 90 (one piece) install on the windshield.

Then I'm going to drive the crap out of the car for hopefully the next 10 years :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: r0xx0r and P85_DA
Suntek is good film ...the paint correction is more from an adhesion standpoint ...the ceramic is decent price ...find out if that is a one year or the five year one (more coatings) ..post pics when done !:eek:

Suntek is good film ...the paint correction is more from an adhesion standpoint ...the ceramic is decent price ...find out if that is a one year or the five year one (more coatings) ..post pics when done !:eek:
The CSL is a 5 year warranty though the EXO coat on top is like 1.5-2 years.

I had assumed that with a good wash + multi-pass claybar prep, hopefully there would be no issues with adhesion of the film to the paint.

Hopefully I just get a clean, undamaged car with an easy delivery :p

Definitely will post pics! Super excited. It's in the final stage of production, about to send them my title and fund the loan so it can get on a truck ASAP and make its way down to Austin.

Reactions: Spelly88
I paid $900 for ceramic coating on mine. my car didn't need much paint correction at the time, was only 1 month old. Honestly probably should've just stuck with liquid glass and saved my money since im selling the S anyways haha.

it took quite a bit of haggling and persistency but i got a local shop to do xpel wrap on all the car except the rear fender panels (but i did full rear bumper) plus opti-coat pro on full car for $2500, which also included a pre-detail wash and clay bar treatment.

it took quite a bit of haggling and persistency but i got a local shop to do xpel wrap on all the car except the rear fender panels (but i did full rear bumper) plus opti-coat pro on full car for $2500, which also included a pre-detail wash and clay bar treatment.
Hi, can you tell me about the local shop or give reference. Also can they do another full wrap (for me)for same price :)