Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilt Title Restoring Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Long story short, I got into a fender bender that didn't seem that bad on my '18 75D and ended up buying it back and repairing it. It's been driving great for the last couple of years and have been receiving updates like normal. However, I recently tried to supercharge and found out my vehicle was flagged. I rarely use this but would like to find a solution in case I need it. Are their currently any options to discuss this with Tesla or plead my case to restore? I apologize if this has been asked but they're weren't many detailed answers. Thanks again.

OP, I think you should create a service request using the Tesla app and ask them to check your car fully, then restore Supercharging. If everything looks good and tests out successfully, it makes sense that they would restore the feature for you. Hopefully you won't need to escalate to a Tesla manager.

Based on previous, similar discussions, Tesla will take his money and inspect his car, but they will not restore Supercharging. The only real option is to go with alternative DC fast charging (CHAdeMO or CCS).

• Informative
Reactions: DiyEvRepair
Upvote 0
The HV inspection on a salvage car is not for enabling Supercharging. It's to allow Tesla to safely work on the HV system. If you are intending for Tesla to do any HV work on the car, then the HV inspection is needed. If you plan to do work yourself, and you have no idea what damage was caused to the car, it might be worth it just for your own safety. HV is not something to mess with if you don't have the proper tools and know what you are doing.

Upvote 0
The HV inspection on a salvage car is not for enabling Supercharging. It's to allow Tesla to safely work on the HV system. If you are intending for Tesla to do any HV work on the car, then the HV inspection is needed. If you plan to do work yourself, and you have no idea what damage was caused to the car, it might be worth it just for your own safety. HV is not something to mess with if you don't have the proper tools and know what you are doing.
Realize there is an HV and supercharger reenable inspection.

If you need a tesla HV inspection to understand if the car is safe and not by looking at the damage, you shouldn’t be working on a car. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Upvote 0