Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Accident (Suggestions on next steps?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

I wanted to see what the general consensus would be on the accident I recently had. 2022 Model 3 LR with only 5k miles on it. The person was going a little too fast and hit me on the roundabout. The front left quarter panel, door, and side skirt/rocker panel are damaged. The mirror was also broken but everything works i.e. moving the mirror, closing, etc...

I'm already started a claim with my insurance but I wanted to see if it was possible to do a pointless dent repair and then do a paint job to fix the scratches. The worst part imo is the gaps/rocker panel. Mirror would be the one area where I would have to get someone to repair it but I'm not sure. I would just need the bottom panel and it should be good. I'm expecting around $10k in repair cost to replace/fix the components and paint it over again.

Thoughts/suggestions on how to move forward? Thanks!

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3197.jpeg
IMG_3200.jpeg
IMG_3202.jpeg

Whenever you hit the horn, with century on, it will record that segment automatically. Paintless dent removal will not fix this problem as the paint was broken anyways. He will really need to hit a good body shop, certified by Tesla, to resolve this. This is my opinion only.

Whenever you hit the horn, with century on, it will record that segment automatically. Paintless dent removal will not fix this problem as the paint was broken anyways. He will really need to hit a good body shop, certified by Tesla, to resolve this. This is my opinion only.
I didn't press the horn so that's probably why. It just happened pretty quickly and I didn't think to do that. I called a few places and most won't do the dent removal since it's so severe. For the time being, I got a quick estimate for around $3-4k to do the fender/door but if insurance is paying for everything then I'll just have them repair every issue.

Reactions: Soul Surfer