Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Chrome-Delete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would share my recent de-chroming Pearl White Model 3. Since the new default color is Pearl White :( I had to go the extra mile to stand out again. Actually it was well worth it and always in the cards (not a big fan of chrome all over cars.

Digging the super-camouflaged door handles now too!

I got this done over at Gleamworks in Vancouver. It was dropped off and picked up the same day.

Things that got unchromified:

-Trim all along windows
-Door Handles
-Side Camera borders
-Underside of side mirrors
-Logos front and back

FkQ6Opb.jpg

TYjn64b.jpg

qnHjFBx.jpg

YTnsDjO.jpg

UuLkPow.jpg

JXFjCRK.jpg

Funny story... I brought my car in to be detailed on Friday and mentioned your chrome to white transformation to the shop (they do tinting etc which I am doing in a few months). They said chrome delete tends to be vinyl and will shrink/retract over time and so suggested against doing it. Did Gleamworks tell you how long it's supposed to last/look good?

I actually really like this "color matched chrome delete". Stands out from the typical satin/gloss black wraps. One criticism though, since you are color matching in effect making the trim and door handles "invisible" with the color of the paint, why not fully debadge the front and rear logo instead of wrapping them?

Funny story... I brought my car in to be detailed on Friday and mentioned your chrome to white transformation to the shop (they do tinting etc which I am doing in a few months). They said chrome delete tends to be vinyl and will shrink/retract over time and so suggested against doing it. Did Gleamworks tell you how long it's supposed to last/look good?
Urgh, no, they did not. Hadn't heard that before :(

I actually really like this "color matched chrome delete". Stands out from the typical satin/gloss black wraps. One criticism though, since you are color matching in effect making the trim and door handles "invisible" with the color of the paint, why not fully debadge the front and rear logo instead of wrapping them?
Like the badges subtle ;) Actually, wouldn't mind replacing the back one with the spaced T E S L A but maybe it's a bit too cringe.

Other things I'd like to do after this that come to mind:

-Dash wrap: All the ones I find look like they are a two-ply? Wouldn't that leave a seam down the middle no matter how well you apply it?

-Spoiler: Debating if I would want this in general but would want some sort of one in white as well but the aftermarket one only seems to come in black?

-Minor wraps: I ordered center console matte black wraps and logo wraps from Nikola Pro (Now that they ship to Canada). Gonna put the black wraps on the wheel logos and steering wheel so they're all black on black to go with the white on white.

-White model 3 license plate frames: Don't know if these exist at all. Sucks that in B.C. you have to ruin the front with the second license plate. Don't know if I want to remove it and risk getting hassled/pulled over.

-Window tinting: Look into this some more.

-Tinted tail lights: I like the look of partially darkened tail lights but unsure if that voids insurance at all?

-Film protection and ceramic coating: Haven't researched these enough yet and also, decently expensive.

-Larger wheels: Wish the Aero covers came in larger wheel sizes (I actually really like the look of them). Probably wouldn't upgrade unless that was an option.

*Not sure I like the model 3 spoiler much yet. Wish it extended horizontally more/wrapped around more:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...poiler-wm-2_441x.progressive.jpg?v=1546545605

*Wish it was more vertical, and less horizontally-sticking out like this:

https://oldcarmemories.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/1985-1990-camaro-iroc-z-4.jpg

this is pretty neat. it ALMOST seems like someone muffed up the paint job and said EFF it and just painted the rest! LOL!

but i do like how the door handles blend in with the rest of the car. it gives it a more aerodynamic feel. do you feel like the new color match eliminates fingerprints? i have little ones and that's all i see. fingers everywhere!!

Reactions: Ultra Magnus