Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a MYLR on order since Feb 28 with An EDD of sept-oct. last week all MYLR orders around Feb/March received a push back till around Nov-Jan. Based on what I have been seeing, last Thursday (7/14) I went ahead like many others and switched to MYP MSM +tow. For 5 excruciating days, the EDD stayed Nov-Jan. yesterday, it changed to 7/29-8/7. Then 2 hours later, I get an update with a Vin (F498xxx) and new EDD of 7/21-27. Guessing it was made around July 7. Seems a little late to be a rejected car since it is apparently now on a truck from freemont to FL. Just going through last steps now with trade in title etc. to get ready for delivery. Looks like this wait is almost over. I’m just thankful to have this website for guidance.

Reactions: JimInAllen
So I just ordered recently (this week) and it was showing Aug-Oct for a Red/White no tow MYP. Today it switched to showing Dec 8 - Feb 2! Anyone else suddenly see a pretty drastic and disappointing change all of a sudden? Kills me that the order web site still shows Aug-Oct for Performance versions, lol

Pacific Northwest and trading in a current Tesla if that factors in…

So I just ordered recently (this week) and it was showing Aug-Oct for a Red/White no tow MYP. Today it switched to showing Dec 8 - Feb 2! Anyone else suddenly see a pretty drastic and disappointing change all of a sudden? Kills me that the order web site still shows Aug-Oct for Performance versions, lol

Pacific Northwest and trading in a current Tesla if that factors in…
Yes, a lot of people have. I ordered and the weekend following it was pushed a month. Then back and forth it went. They are pretty good about the timelines initially given, there are some outliers out there who have been waiting past averages. There will be highs and lows, lol just roll with them and don’t stress too much.

Yes, a lot of people have. I ordered and the weekend following it was pushed a month. Then back and forth it went. They are pretty good about the timelines initially given, there are some outliers out there who have been waiting past averages. There will be highs and lows, lol just roll with them and don’t stress too much.
I’ve played the order game twice before but each of those times I just experienced the excruciating wait, I didn’t have any drastic dates changes :p

Also I’m a little more worried this time since I’ll be trading in direct with Tesla. They gave me a very generous trade estimate and I’ll be killed if I changes a huge amount three or four months from now. Probably would actually cancel my order then. I don’t *need* a new Tesla, I’m just switching from my LR with FSD to a Performance without FSD because it basically doesn’t cost me anything right now!

First I will say that we have the same delivery window as of right now.

Original order 3/5 for MYP black/black, no tow, no fsd
A bunch of dates and finally getting a vin on 5/30
Getting ready for delivery for 6/13
Car is late for a few days and I leave for 3 weeks
I put yhe order on hold on 6/13 and remove it on 7/1

Second EDD for 9/11-10/23
Last Friday it moved to 7/21-8/4
And Saturday moved to 7/22-8/5

We should be seeing a VIN shortly I would think.
My car same exact configuration as yours. Our updated EDD is July 26-Aug 9. Hope like the airlines Tesla didn’t double book.

Don’t know if this is common knowledge yet. My friend Just ordered a MYP yesterday. When his Delivery date got bumped way out this morning he called Tesla and they said it was because he had a tow hitch on the car and they are backordered. He removed it and his EDD came back in to normal. He didn’t want to post it because he thought others would do the same and cause his order to move further back in the line. I’m all about the forum and helping others though, so thought I would share. Tesla will add the tow hitch for you after delivery for $1,300 so $300 more than if ordered with the car. Sorry to have such a self centered friend. He’s got Tesla fever 🤒

Reactions: Immiest and Bridge
Don’t know if this is common knowledge yet. My friend Just ordered a MYP yesterday. When his Delivery date got bumped way out this morning he called Tesla and they said it was because he had a tow hitch on the car and they are backordered. He removed it and his EDD came back in to normal. He didn’t want to post it because he thought others would do the same and cause his order to move further back in the line. I’m all about the forum and helping others though, so thought I would share. Tesla will add the tow hitch for you after delivery for $1,300 so $300 more than if ordered with the car. Sorry to have such a self centered friend. He’s got Tesla fever 🤒
I wonder how true stuff like this is. Someone had said this a couple weeks ago. I called and asked if I removed the tow hitch if it would bring my dates closer, and they told me it wouldn’t change. If anything, it would put me in a queue for my car w/o a tow hitch that could be longer since not everyone orders with it installed.

It seems like every person at Tesla has a different thing to say.

What timeframe is normal vs bumped way out?