Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t know if this is common knowledge yet. My friend Just ordered a MYP yesterday. When his Delivery date got bumped way out this morning he called Tesla and they said it was because he had a tow hitch on the car and they are backordered. He removed it and his EDD came back in to normal. He didn’t want to post it because he thought others would do the same and cause his order to move further back in the line. I’m all about the forum and helping others though, so thought I would share. Tesla will add the tow hitch for you after delivery for $1,300 so $300 more than if ordered with the car. Sorry to have such a self centered friend. He’s got Tesla fever 🤒
For what it's worth, people are currently receiving cars with hitches. I currently have an EDD that has gotten better 2 days ago and I have a hitch ordered. I don't think this makes sense. Most people that make changes to orders don't see an edd change for days but this person ordered yesterday and has 3. Weird

For what it's worth, people are currently receiving cars with hitches. I currently have an EDD that has gotten better 2 days ago and I have a hitch ordered. I don't think this makes sense. Most people that make changes to orders don't see an edd change for days but this person ordered yesterday and has 3. Weird
It actually does make sense if you see it from Teslas perspective. While they may currently have tow hitches for cars being manufactured today and maybe the near future, they have to look out at what their supply will be in the future and it appears there is an upcoming shortage. This actually happened with his EDD so you can make your own decision. Just trying to provide info for others with recent orders who may encounter the same problem and want to get their car sooner

As he just ordered it yesterday, his EDD bounced back to what is on the website at order time. Aug-Oct. It had bounced out to December with the tow hitch.
I ordered Monday (web site showed Aug-Oct for Y Performance). My config is Red/White with no tow or FSD and in the app my reservation showed a Aug-Oct delivery (Pacific Northwest) but this morning it changed to Dec 8th to Feb 2. So… maybe red or white vegan leather is “backordered” 🤣

I’m more curious if it’s someone needs to do some human interaction on the back end to “approve” reservations to show all the info has been submitted and they’re officially ready and waiting, maybe that has more to do with “securing” and actual spot in line. I uploaded my registration info and drivers license info on Monday. But I haven’t submitted my pictures yet for trade in on the Model Y I’m trading in…

Is your friend trading in? Maybe Tesla slows down trades once they feel they have a decent number of used vehicles waiting to be sold…

It actually does make sense if you see it from Teslas perspective. While they may currently have tow hitches for cars being manufactured today and maybe the near future, they have to look out at what their supply will be in the future and it appears there is an upcoming shortage. This actually happened with his EDD so you can make your own decision. Just trying to provide info for others with recent orders who may encounter the same problem and want to get their car sooner
Guess we'll have to see what kind of dates everyone is getting that orders a hitch soon. I have seen people with pout hitches that ordered this week also get EDD's in the December January area so that could just be where they are at now.

I ordered Monday (web site showed Aug-Oct for Y Performance). My config is Red/White with no tow or FSD and in the app my reservation showed a Aug-Oct delivery (Pacific Northwest) but this morning it changed to Dec 8th to Feb 2. So… maybe red or white vegan leather is “backordered” 🤣

I’m more curious if it’s someone needs to do some human interaction on the back end to “approve” reservations to show all the info has been submitted and they’re officially ready and waiting, maybe that has more to do with “securing” and actual spot in line. I uploaded my registration info and drivers license info on Monday. But I haven’t submitted my pictures yet for trade in on the Model Y I’m trading in…

Is your friend trading in? Maybe Tesla slows down trades once they feel they have a decent number of used vehicles waiting to be sold…
No. No trade in

I ordered a white interior and my delivery date is Aug - Sep

I got a small updated EDD by a couple days. I ordered July 5th. MYP, MSM, white interior with tow.

Original EDD October 16- November 27
EDD update#1 August 30- October 6
Newest EDD August 30- October 4
Keep posting your updated EDD. I ordered the same day also with white interior and tow. I'm going back and forth between MSM and White, so you're EDD might persuade me if it stays ahead of mine. My current one (White) is Sept. 9-Oct. 14. LOL

Someone on this site posted that they ordered a car this week with no hitch and they got bumped out to January-February yesterday. Thats seems like an unusual push out for a MYP regardless of reason. It appears Tesla is still selling the Tow hitches on the website (separate from a car). I have seen things say sold out on the listing page for other things, the tow hitch currently looks available to purchase. Someone with a tesla currently would have to check and see if it has a delivery date associated with one to be sure. It will not let you add one to your cart if you don't already own a tesla. Would be a big deal if they were delaying cars with towing as it looks like 40% of people on the google doc page order them with hitches, unless I read it wrong a while back

Someone on this site posted that they ordered a car this week with no hitch and they got bumped out to January-February yesterday. Thats seems like an unusual push out for a MYP regardless of reason. It appears Tesla is still selling the Tow hitches on the website (separate from a car). I have seen things say sold out on the listing page for other things, the tow hitch currently looks available to purchase. Someone with a tesla currently would have to check and see if it has a delivery date associated with one to be sure. It will not let you add one to your cart if you don't already own a tesla. Would be a big deal if they were delaying cars with towing as it looks like 40% of people on the google doc page order them with hitches, unless I read it wrong a while back
That might have been me, I ordered Monday (Red/White MYP without tow or FSD) and had a Aug-Oct which got bumped to that Dec to Feb time frame just this morning. I think someone else here mentioned they had that bump too, but that it's now reverted back for them. I'll be curious if mine changes... I might make a little phone call out to Tesla just to "check" that "I didn't forget to submit something" because I saw the window get pushed out. I highly doubt they have any control over that, but maybe there are some buttons on their end they need to hit to actually get people firmly placed in the queue rather than just the rough estimate based on order volumes the system is seeing...

Either that or maybe red has already had it's production run and they're cranking out a bunch of White/MSM since those are the free colors (and likely higher amounts ordered).

Don’t know if this is common knowledge yet. My friend Just ordered a MYP yesterday. When his Delivery date got bumped way out this morning he called Tesla and they said it was because he had a tow hitch on the car and they are backordered. He removed it and his EDD came back in to normal. He didn’t want to post it because he thought others would do the same and cause his order to move further back in the line. I’m all about the forum and helping others though, so thought I would share. Tesla will add the tow hitch for you after delivery for $1,300 so $300 more than if ordered with the car. Sorry to have such a self centered friend. He’s got Tesla fever 🤒
Curious how people change configurations without “going to the back of the line”? I raised removing it on my order and the person I talked to said any changes cause you to go to the end of the line. Don’t want to risk that or messing with the order date for price purposes, etc.

Reactions: jakeg1111
First I will say that we have the same delivery window as of right now.

Original order 3/5 for MYP black/black, no tow, no fsd
A bunch of dates and finally getting a vin on 5/30
Getting ready for delivery for 6/13
Car is late for a few days and I leave for 3 weeks
I put yhe order on hold on 6/13 and remove it on 7/1

Second EDD for 9/11-10/23
Last Friday it moved to 7/21-8/4
And Saturday moved to 7/22-8/5

We should be seeing a VIN shortly I would think.
You seem to correct as i got a VIN this morning! Unfortunately i will be putting my account on hold for a month 😔 EDD 8/4-8/8