Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's the case, then with the flurry of folks switching to MYP lately from older orders, maybe that's why some folks who were in line to get theirs soon got pushed back. For instance, I was a Jan order for MYLR but i switched to MYP about a month ago. I'm thinking because I did that, someone who ordered an MYP after me got pushed back.
You might be right. I can tell you this wouldn’t happen if Tesla didn’t come out with these temporary 3 month bumps. Last week a lot of us got bumped and many switched as a result. I have heard a few MYLR dates are now getting bumped closer now to late July and early august when 2 weeks ago, they were showing Aug-Sept, last week changed to Nov-Jan, then this week July-Aug.

I feel bad if I bumped someone but what can we do? I was willing to take the “new” date of Aug-Sept anyhow If that’s what it would be. Actually think I got my Vin because someone last minute changed their config or cancelled.

A Performance?!
Many of us experienced this in the past. I hade to wait about 120 days to get my VIN because of all the MYLR folks that switched to MYP and had earlier order dates (no hate, but frustrating for me). Also I got caught up in the end of quarter mainly west coast deliveries at the end of June (also no hate, but was very frustrating seeing deliveries for orders much later than me). And finally typical slow ramp up at the beginning of the new quarter. 120 days is not what I signed up for, and I thought about canceling several times. Glad I had this forum to talk me off the ledge and folks telling me how much they love their new Tesla when they eventually received it. Hang in there and assume 90-120 days with LOTS of EDD updates. If you get the car sooner that is a great bonus. I am about 6 days from my EDD, received a VIN, received a Text that my car left the factory, and got my final agreement. Still could have something go wrong at this point but I am pretty confident that in the next week or so I will be telling you all about my new MSM MYP :)

I just ordered a Performance this week (Red/White) and mine showed Aug-Oct for a couple days but now shows Dec 8 to Feb 2 or something... curious if maybe they've produced their run of red for this quarter or something already... Order page is still showing if you order today it's Aug-Oct...
If that's the case, then with the flurry of folks switching to MYP lately from older orders, maybe that's why some folks who were in line to get theirs soon got pushed back. For instance, I was a Jan order for MYLR but i switched to MYP about a month ago. I'm thinking because I did that, someone who ordered an MYP after me got pushed back.
Thank you

because of all the MYLR folks that switched to MYP and had earlier order dates (no hate, but frustrating for me). Also I got caught up in the end of quarter mainly west coast deliveries at the end of June (also no hate, but was very frustrating
well in my defense it didn’t help that us MYLR switchers had the support of you MYP orderers/owners telling us how much more awesome the MYP was. ;-)

glad you finally got your final EDD and VIN!

Reactions: tnt4life and Bridge
Not sure the Tesla folks know much more than us... I ordered 7/18 and my config is a Red/White without tow and FSD. It showed Aug to Oct until I think Wednesday, then it just changed to Dec 8 - Feb 2. Hasn't changed back. I'm a little further away from the factory compared to you (WA), but not THAT far...

So maybe they're out of red paint too? ;)
So annoying! 🤨

Reactions: Wooly1
So annoying! 🤨
Yep, classic Tesla, can't tell you what's going on.

I gave up my trade in value. I opted to remove the trade from the account for now so there was nothing pending (based on the "advice" of an advisor). My account did switch to showing there was nothing for me to do until delivery was closer but is still showing Dec - Feb... half tempted to order another one and this time start from the get go that there isn't a trade and see if that keeps me in range for Aug-Oct.

I'm just nervous because if my trade tanks $3,000 or $4,000 I'll probably be in a position of having to cancel the order. It's really really hard to justify like $8k out of pocket just to move up to a Performance when I have a perfectly good LR with FSD and Boost. Right now it's around $4k out of pocket, which already is probably something I shouldn't blow money on, but it's closer to that impulse range. I also would only take about a 0.25% interest rate hit from my lender... come December and onward though, who knows where interest is and trade values. If interest on auto loans moves up another 0.5% or maybe even 1% or something AND I lose a few more grand on the trade... well like I said, I have a perfectly good Tesla right now, the responsible thing would be to just be happy with it then...

While I WANT Red/White, I probably would be open to changing colors if it meant I could get the car in the next 30 to 90 days (seriously seriously if it meant before the end of August)

Staff don't really know any more than we do though, and this actually is a new "normal" for Tesla, my previous Y and the 3 I had before that both adhered to a very strict shipping schedule. Nothing (besides S/X) came to the Pacific NW before the last month of the quarter, everything else was making it's way across for deliveries to start on the East coast. It finally seems they've moved away from that since we're still seeing people in WA/OR getting VINs assigned and cars delivered late in this month (so not just a hold over that got slightly delayed in June's shipping).

I want to walk into University Village and be like "Guys, just swap out the demo car you guys have and put my Y in there, it's perfect without a single scratch and come end of quarter when you sell the demos, someone will get a KILLER deal on mine since it has 9K miles on it!" lol

I guess also maybe I could just start changing colors on my existing order and see if anything updates the delivery window back into the Aug-Oct that the Model Y page is still showing. I just don't know if I actually do hurt my position in line or not... I'm a little annoyed actually that existing orders switching to the P are jumping the P line. I know they've been waiting a long time, but the capacity of the P production isn't any higher than LR, in fact it's likely less. The only reason the Performance ships sooner is because it's more expensive so Tesla would rather get people to buy that one and there is less demand for it anyway. So the people that do jump into the most expensive from the get go for the faster delivery date just get a nice kick to the nuts once their order is placed ;)

I just ordered a MYP/MSM/Black with no extras. EDD says Aug-Oct 2022. Having been through this process a couple times previously, I realize that the EDD is worth about as much as the……..whatever.
We love our MYLR though. Looking forward to having the second MY and being ICE free!

Last edited:
I just ordered a MYP/MSM/Black with no extras. EDD says Aug-Oct 2022. Having been through this process a couple times previously, I realize that the EDD is worth about as much as the……..whatever.
We love our MYLR though. Looking forward to having the second MY and being ICE free!
Like to hear if your EDD date gets pushed to Dec. My EDD date showed Aug to Oct the first day as well before it jumped to Dec the very next day.

Yeah, that’s a bit of a bummer for people like me who ordered a MYP and it said August to October when ordering and expected that to be the case but now am getting pushed back. Grrrr