Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just don’t know that I want the car as much as I don’t want to give them business at this point.
I get it. As one who spent going on five months in this crazy delivery game, I was getting very concerned about the quality of car I would get. I mean really, If you can't get this part at all right what about the rest?

But I was too stubborn to give up and that overrode my instincts to bail. Besides, I could make a good profit on it if I didn't like it.

So glad I hung in there. This car was absolutely perfect and I have yet to find a flaw or anything I would change about it. The performance and handling far exceeded my expectations. Plus it's comfortable and holds more cargo than my CRV did. I have owned some and driven a LOT of different high performance cars and this is the best one I have ever driven. It takes the place of two cars. One a pavement wrinkling monster, and the other a practical utility vehicle.

These forums also gave me some encouragement as others posted about getting a great car. But had I known then what I know now, I would have had no worries. I did not know how much I wanted this car before I experienced it.

One weird thing.... The car is a static electricity magnet. Driving it through my dry grassy knoll to its parking place it picks up every little dry grass shard and they stick all over the car. I guess it makes sense being electric and all. No biggy, it all blows off when I hit the throttle. Seriously, that's my only gripe.

Oh and I still can't find where you insert the music CDs. 😆

Hope this makes some of you feel just a little better.

My wait is over! I took delivery of a Black Model Y Performance this afternoon after 129 days from order to deliver. Overall the delivery process was smooth. I used plaid for the down payment and handed them a check from my credit union for the rest after inspecting the car.

During my inspection I didn't spot any paint issues nor did I find any panel gaps that bothered me. There was a few pieces of plastic here and there that needed to be removed but that didn't bother me much, I just removed them.

Since I ordered before the mobile charger announcement I was expecting the mobile charger to be included in the car, It was NOT. I had to go back into the delivery center to ask for the charger and they promptly supplied it after asking me my order date. For those of you waiting to take delivery don't forget to check for it!

In terms of features I have all of the latest goodies, AMD Ryzen, the new battery type, Michelin all seasons, double pane windows up front, and heated wipers. Sadly no mud flaps or PPF on the car.

The ride home was not harsh over the bumps but this wasn't an uber soft ride either (i.e. no air suspension on this car). I found it to be comfortable none the less especially given its a performance oriented car.

My wait is over! I took delivery of a Black Model Y Performance this afternoon after 129 days from order to deliver. Overall the delivery process was smooth. I used plaid for the down payment and handed them a check from my credit union for the rest after inspecting the car.

During my inspection I didn't spot any paint issues nor did I find any panel gaps that bothered me. There was a few pieces of plastic here and there that needed to be removed but that didn't bother me much, I just removed them.

Since I ordered before the mobile charger announcement I was expecting the mobile charger to be included in the car, It was NOT. I had to go back into the delivery center to ask for the charger and they promptly supplied it after asking me my order date. For those of you waiting to take delivery don't forget to check for it!

In terms of features I have all of the latest goodies, AMD Ryzen, the new battery type, Michelin all seasons, double pane windows up front, and heated wipers. Sadly no mud flaps or PPF on the car.

The ride home was not harsh over the bumps but this wasn't an uber soft ride either (i.e. no air suspension on this car). I found it to be comfortable none the less especially given its a performance oriented car.
Congrats! What do you mean you used Plaid for the down payment?

Reactions: RCHume
Congrats! What do you mean you used Plaid for the down payment?
Once you get your VIN one of the tasks includes make final payment. I called Tesla to switch to financing and told them how much I was going to pay as a down payment. Once that update happened I had the option of bringing them a certified check from my bank or paying via the Tesla app through plaid. I chose plaid to pay my down payment because I didn't feel like going to the bank.

Reactions: YNoVA
Once you get your VIN one of the tasks includes make final payment. I called Tesla to switch to financing and told them how much I was going to pay as a down payment. Once that update happened I had the option of bringing them a certified check from my bank or paying via the Tesla app through plaid. I chose plaid to pay my down payment because I didn't feel like going to the bank.
Can you use credit cards on plaid? Wondering if I can get points paying the down payment via credit card...

Thanks for the update of your delivery. What is the order date cutoff that they are using to be eligible for the charging cable? Also, I will be taking delivery in Rockville which location did you use?
For orders placed after 17th April 2022, Tesla will not provide the Mobile Connector. I picked up in Tysons. I wish I had chosen Rockville, they have to include the tire repair kit for Maryland deliveries.

For orders placed after 17th April 2022, Tesla will not provide the Mobile Connector. I picked up in Tysons. I wish I had chosen Rockville, they have to include the tire repair kit for Maryland deliveries.

It's April 28th, not 17th. Source: Mobile Connector

Note: Vehicle orders placed after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery. Mobile Connector orders with both NEMA 5-15 Adapter and NEMA 14-50 Adapter will begin shipping in August 2022.

So let me bring this back to the point. OD for my MYP 7/17. No hitch (took it off to move the order date up from December due to the hitch being on there as per Tesla advisor), and no FSD. EDD moved from December to February up to Sept 18-Oct. Today EDD went to Sept 20- Oct 25. Lost a couple days on the front end but gained a couple on the back end. Hoping EDD gets bumped closer or at least stay in September where they try to make their quota before the end of the quarter. I’m in California so I understand that tends to happen where they get a whole bunch of orders that go out to the West Coast people closer to the Fremont plant because they can deliver within a day or two. Also possible for the late in the quarter cars to get thrown together quickly and could possibly have more alignment problems. Wow, did not feel good. Ok, let’s talk tires 😂😂😂
My EDD of Sept 12-Oct 17 hasn’t moved at all. I ordered around the same time as you. I am in Philadelphia. #worried

Reactions: RCHume